konalavadome

"Leo Goldberg's 2-Step"

• 11 Replies

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« on: January 11, 2018, 06:15:25 PM »
It's an old one. An instrumental that I always thought of it as a sort of klezmer/punk/country 2-step.
Just stupid fun. Posting it for the hell of it.
I'll go off and review some more songs now, because I know that I have been remiss in doing so.

https://hoponpop.bandcamp.com/track/leo-goldbergs-2-step

Listen and comment if you like. Thanks if you do!

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 06:34:42 PM »
Nice odd piece on the FoFs!
Listened a bit to some other songs on the Chicken on a bicycle album. Kind of awesome.
I get the impression you listen to a whole lot of music and find lots of inspiration in it.
You listen anything to The Soundtrack of our Lives? There are some connecting points in your music.

Martin

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 06:41:12 PM »
Nice odd piece on the FoFs!
Listened a bit to some other songs on the Chicken on a bicycle album. Kind of awesome.
I get the impression you listen to a whole lot of music and find lots of inspiration in it.
You listen anything to The Soundtrack of our Lives? There are some connecting points in your music.

Martin
Thanks, Martin!
I do listen to a lot of different kinds of music. And, I suppose I must take something from all of it, but nothing intentionally, I don't think. Whenever I try to do something in a specific style, it doesn't' turn out like it should. Usually it's just bad. Sometimes its interesting. Better to just let a song be what it wants to be. (That was the point of Chicken.)
I have listened to Soundtrack of Our Lives and I liked them, although I have not listened to them at all recently. I really should. Thanks for the reminder!
And thanks for listening and commenting!

exfairy

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 06:45:33 PM »
You know what? I really like this one. It's so weird and strange but fun and wacky at the same time. I will be looking into more of stuff and look forward for more :)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 08:47:25 PM »
Yo Pops.

I'm enjoying the song (C'mon Angel) you have on the forum Spotify playlist,it has grown on me greatly.

This is different.... :D

Music ought to be fun and this sounds like you are having it!

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 11:50:56 PM »
Thanks, exfairy!
Thanks, skub!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 08:17:02 AM »
Great stuff Pop - As crazy as a chicken on a bicycle. Reminded me of something that Beefheart or Zappa might do  :)

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2018, 10:42:29 AM »
It's a catchy little number, loads of fun, that builds into a wild cacophony of noise. Enjoyable foot tapper - but a bit too short for me! But that's gotta be good, leave 'em wanting more!  ;D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2018, 03:29:01 PM »
Hi,

This sounds like a lot fun was had in the recording. Accomplished lead guitar work and you guys sound great when you all jump in. A thoroughly enjoyable rock romp which made me tap my feet and smile.

M

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2018, 03:34:34 PM »
Thanks Monty, Michael, and Pompey!

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2018, 07:41:46 AM »
Hey Pop
I'd already listened to (and liked) "Chicken" but somehow had missed this one. It's a lovely little electro-Bluegrass mutant! Unusual combination of sounds and unpredictable. I could imagine it with lyrics too. A good fun musical cartoon.
It's all too beautiful.

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2018, 12:42:48 PM »
Hey Pop
I'd already listened to (and liked) "Chicken" but somehow had missed this one. It's a lovely little electro-Bluegrass mutant! Unusual combination of sounds and unpredictable. I could imagine it with lyrics too. A good fun musical cartoon.

"Bluegrass mutant." I like that!
Thanks for re-listening and commenting, Pauly!