Some Jazz Instrumentals

• 10 Replies

Messager

• Busker
  • I like chords with too many notes in them
    • My Music :)
« on: January 11, 2018, 12:51:32 AM »
Hi everyone who's reading this!  :)

I've been messing around writing music for most of my teenage life but this is the first time I've released anything to anyone.  I've linked my soundcloud which has two tracks on which I'd love some feedback and advice! They're currently sitting on a fabulous zero plays so even just a listen will help to repair my crippled self esteem/ ego thanks x

I hope you enjoy!

https://soundcloud.com/mesager

P.s. this is my first post so please be gentle  :P
We are drifting in a sonorous haze

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2018, 09:58:43 AM »
Hi great tune, nicely produced.

I really like it, just want to put a solo on it...

Cpm

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2018, 06:01:42 PM »
Hi Messager and welcome to the forum.

There is some nice stuff going on and you've got a good ear for production. Yes, I can see that you like yer slap bass  ;D

I don't know if you've ever messed about with samples as I think that you could maybe drop in some nice sax bits and bobs here and there.

There is an excellent Sax soundkit available for free download

https://beatproduction.net/saxophone-sound-kit/

Well done and I hope you stick around and enjoy the forum

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2018, 06:21:52 PM »
Hello and welcome

I am listening to the first track and it is very well put together, and really enjoyable! This must have taken you so much time. Hat off to you

Production is great, arrangement is great. I think it's the sort of music that you just have to give it a go, sit back relax and enjoy because I did just that and found myself bopping to the beat!

I think this is really good material

Darren

Messager

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2018, 09:08:09 PM »
Hi great tune, nicely produced.

I really like it, just want to put a solo on it...

Cpm

Thanks for the response!

I'll look into doing more soloing, I guess I'm a bit more proficient with harmony so it scares me a little, but I'll give it more of a go for sure!

Thanks again x

Messager

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2018, 09:10:25 PM »
Hi Messager and welcome to the forum.

There is some nice stuff going on and you've got a good ear for production. Yes, I can see that you like yer slap bass  ;D

I don't know if you've ever messed about with samples as I think that you could maybe drop in some nice sax bits and bobs here and there.

There is an excellent Sax soundkit available for free download

https://beatproduction.net/saxophone-sound-kit/

Well done and I hope you stick around and enjoy the forum

Thank you for the advice and the link! 

I'll have a look and start fiddling around with some more sampling. I was alright at it on FL studio but I just moved on to logic so its probably a good time to learn properly  :)

Thanks again  :)

Messager

• Busker
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2018, 09:11:45 PM »
Hello and welcome

I am listening to the first track and it is very well put together, and really enjoyable! This must have taken you so much time. Hat off to you

Production is great, arrangement is great. I think it's the sort of music that you just have to give it a go, sit back relax and enjoy because I did just that and found myself bopping to the beat!

I think this is really good material

Darren

Thanks so much for the response!

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! It's great to hear from someone who isn't directly related to me  :D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2018, 09:34:27 PM »
Yo Messager and welcome to the hallowed,piss stained walls that make up this little corner of the internet. :)

The pieces as they currently stand make all the right noises to exist as a song. Perhaps there are some ingredients still required to hold the listeners attention. Some vocals? Solo instruments? Much as pompeyjazz suggested. I can hear him itching to get at the tracks from where I sit!  :D

If he asks,don't promise to do that special thing he likes so much and don't ask me how I know.  :(

;)

Both tracks are very musical,but imo still need to be finished.

If you really wish to progress and work with other folk,then get involved with the forum,you'll find us very approachable,since we all share a fetish for songwriting.

Messager

• Busker
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2018, 10:09:47 PM »
Yo Messager and welcome to the hallowed,piss stained walls that make up this little corner of the internet. :)

The pieces as they currently stand make all the right noises to exist as a song. Perhaps there are some ingredients still required to hold the listeners attention. Some vocals? Solo instruments? Much as pompeyjazz suggested. I can hear him itching to get at the tracks from where I sit!  :D

If he asks,don't promise to do that special thing he likes so much and don't ask me how I know.  :(

;)

Both tracks are very musical,but imo still need to be finished.

If you really wish to progress and work with other folk,then get involved with the forum,you'll find us very approachable,since we all share a fetish for songwriting.

Hey Skub!

I get what you're saying with them music still needing something so I'll look into more solo instruments and maybe vocals once I've got the courage to write some lyrics  :'(

I'm really glad I found this forum, it seems like a pretty great space so thanks for the warm welcome!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2018, 10:33:43 PM »
I thought that Skub would never mention that "special " thing but Alas he has. With regards to lyrics it might be worth pitching your songs as lyrics required. Then hopefully you can  have a crack at singing. If you don't fancy that there are a few guys on here that will help you out for sure  :)

Messager

• Busker
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2018, 04:46:20 PM »
I thought that Skub would never mention that "special " thing but Alas he has. With regards to lyrics it might be worth pitching your songs as lyrics required. Then hopefully you can  have a crack at singing. If you don't fancy that there are a few guys on here that will help you out for sure  :)

Either of you feel like explaining the special thing? ???

I never even noticed the lyrics needed section! that seems like just what I need  :)

Thanks a bunch!