6 Month Song Writing Challenge

• 7 Replies

Robbie S

• Busker
    • Six Months To Write A Hit Record
« on: January 09, 2018, 09:50:07 AM »

Hello fellow songwriters

I hope you are all busy creating beautiful music.

I've been writing songs on and off for years, never selling any just really knocking tunes out on my acoustic guitar. I've got a day job but recently my wife 'Winnie' offered me the opportunity to see if I could write a hit record in 6 months. Easy Ha!

I started the process last Thursday and with looking after 2 young children and running our house I'm looking at spending around 25 hours a week writing and demoing tunes.

I've also started a vlog which I'm going to post each week documenting my journey and uploading tracks as and when they come. It's a bit like fishing this song writing process.

Please check out my first vlog here and subscribe if your interested...

This song writing forum looks amazing and I hope to gleam ideas, inspiration and also maybe find some colaborater's to work with going forward.

Looking forward to getting to know you all.

Best
Robbie S

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2018, 10:42:50 AM »
Good luck Robbie,
The ONLY chance you have is what you are doing - putting yourself out there and pushing, pushing pushing, The Vlog idea is good one but I think most on here will tell you it 'aint gonna be easy'.

But i admire your enthusiasm and i hope it works out for you and doesn't turn into mid life crisis hobby
like it has for me. ;D ;D

Please take time to review some of the songs posted on here - you will learn a lot from the input as there are many on here who have had the same dream as you....and are still hoping that a one in a million lucky break will fall into their laps....Their enthusiasm slowly fading as hope slowly kills their dream one chord at a time...Many ending up sitting at their computer in their underpants ..chocolate biscuit crumbs on their lap churning out songs no-one will get to hear.......some eventually ending up slightly mad telling people they could have been a star and reminding people they once got a semi final place in the UK songwriting contest ;) ;) ;) ;)

Laptop Philharmonic

• Busker
    • laptopphilharmonic.bandcamp.com
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2018, 07:08:06 PM »
Hey,

Nice to have you with us. I only just joined myself, but they seem a friendly bunch here.

Kudos for doing this whilst managing 2 small people. I only have one of those myself and it's a challenge!
Search "Laptop Philharmonic" on Spotify, iTunes etc. or visit:
laptopphilharmonic.bandcamp.com

Robbie S

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: January 12, 2018, 09:34:29 AM »

Hi folks and thanks for the messages. Appreciated.

I'm going to release my first demo track next Thursday, v exciting.

You can check out an update on my latest Vlog here

Had a listen to Laptop Philharmonic, sounds great. Radiohead vibes in there. Liked the different sounds and tones you get form your voice.

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #4 on: January 12, 2018, 11:03:45 AM »
Good luck  :)

Just checked out your vlog - Interesting. I'm sure you'll get some good tips on the forum  :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2018, 11:54:30 AM »
Robbie, what to you will represent success after 6 months and what happens if you fail to meet your objectives?  Will all your music equipment be living in the loft ? It's a great objective for sure but don't beat yourself up if you don't achieve it. Enjoy the music  :)

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2018, 04:04:21 PM »
Hey Robbie and welcome!

It sounds like a fab idea and I'll be rooting for you!!!

I'm going to check your vlog too!!!  :D

Cheers,

Peter

Robbie S

• Busker
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 10:17:20 AM »

Hi folks

I'm aiming for a hot record in the next 6 months, that's the goal.

I'm not looking to be the performer as such, but to write the song or co write, collaboration is something
I'm interested in.

Pompey Jazz had a listen to, nice, I'm feeling Pink Floyd & The Beatles there!

And thank you The S for the support - Man On The Run - great voice and accomplished. Go blues dude.

I'm trying to gather an audience for my weekly video blogs, please view my latest vid (Week 1) on youtube and subscribe to my channel -

Thanks a million