konalavadome

I-Sad

• 17 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2018, 01:49:06 PM »
Just a quick thanks to everyone. Great feedback (even the "strange" - I think I'd be worried if people thought I was ordinary).

@PaulyX - the phone stuff is totally metarphorical honest! Perhaps I took that too far... But when I get comments of "been there" that seems like a win to me. Many thanks!

@Pompeyjazz - many thanks for the vocals comments, was feeling a bit rusty on this one. I wasn't really going for Spanish, must be something in the air down here...

@Morefrog Jones - thanks for the listen, I quite like the cabaret image...

@redrhodie - I was thinking more about a real relationship - or one with an African prince or even Facebook but that's the great thing about putting things out there, they mean different things to different people. Many thanks

@Skub - I get what you mean about further development but thanks so much for the listen and appreciation as always.

@jamesh - thanks a million for the detailed comments - I confess I did really like that minor chord and once I had gone there anything else seemed really cheesy and boring. Like the suggestion of a key change, will squirrel away...

@Paulads - thanks indeed, though probably this might be a little hard work for the gig... we'll see

@Darren1664 - many thanks, particularly re the harmonies and the rap - two of my guilty pleasures!

@SilverMachine - hmmm, flamenco, huh? Would probably be fake flamenco to go with the fake rap. What next, fake jazz? (just add a 7th...) Thanks for turning up though, particularly as not your scene...

@NeilC - dammit, you're right I sound like an Aussie! I really am not... Thanks for listening and commenting. Thanks re production as well - three main tracks not that easy to mix of course.

@cowparselyman - thanks for commenting - did you ever listen? No worries if not of course...

@VicountCramer - I'd probably agree it's a bit straight. I think my vocabulary on the acoustic is quite limited so more work needed. Agree re the gig. Probably won't give them the full adamfarr experience at least not at first... many thanks...

@shadowfax - inimitable style - I'll take that as a compliment for sure, thanks for the encouragement.

@Paulski - many thanks, quirky is my middle name. "Bold and clever" and "not really hooky" maybe too...  ;) Thanks for listening

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 02:55:06 PM »
Hi,

Interesting concept and the song is very well recorded. This is not really my thing but I thought the lyrics had some clever ideas and ingenious use of the similarity in the terms we use for describing the use of our phones and our relationships. The delivery was a bit uninvolving for me and melodically I think it was a little  thin.

Original though which is good.

M

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 03:59:53 PM »
Hi Adam, your quirky lyrical and musical style shines through on this. I think the timing wanders a bit but that's a bit picky ::).
Interesting......not a fan of rapping but I'll let you off :o
Cheers
Jamie