konalavadome

My Christmas Song Needs Help

• 4 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: December 20, 2017, 10:04:37 PM »
I have a song for the Christmas...it's the "Awake! Awake!" I was originally going to include on last year's Christmas collection. Unfortunately, I'm having a miserable time trying to get the guitar track (I'm just making a guitar and vocal). I don't know what my problem is, but if there's anyone out there who has the time and feels like making a guitar track for me, maybe in return for some vocals or something? I would be immensely grateful. Let me know and I'll get you the details. If not, no biggie. I'll just keep trying and maybe manage to put together an unmangled version before December 2018.... :P

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2017, 10:29:36 PM »
What you really need is some piano - well, that's all I have to offer if you're interested  ;D ;D

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2017, 12:27:10 AM »
I am interested, actually. While struggling with it, I considered piano because I think it would work well, but gave it up because I don't have the skill. Or something. Too far out of practice.... May I send you the music?

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2017, 08:02:04 AM »
If Paulski does the music for you, AND can send you a midi version of it, you can use his piano track, AND you can convert the midi piano track to guitar (usually acoustic finger pick bass sounds the most authentic) and just manipulate it a little to create a similar, but complementary guitar track to add in. 

I'm thinking you have "Notation" software and can do this.  If not, I could do the conversion for you. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2017, 01:58:48 PM »
An idea that never occurred to me (due to lack of experience in these areas). Sounds intriguing. Thanks, Verlon!