konalavadome

Man Reborn (Produced by Pompey Jazz)

• 22 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #15 on: January 02, 2018, 11:21:13 PM »
I've listened to this stomper a few times over the past weeks and it grows on me like a 3 day stubble.

Top work Darren and John.  8)

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2018, 01:05:06 PM »
Nice one,
I enjoyed this its got a good synchronised grove going on. I liked the meaty guitars and drums with had an 80's feel.
And I liked the deep tone of your vocals for much of this. The verses work well, the bit I'm less sure about is the chorus and to a degree the pre chorus. There are a couple of line where you've a lots of words and you slip down ( sink so low ) or up to the note on the chorus.  I'd consider doing multiple takes between lines to give yourself time to breath and work on hitting the notes that offend, you're not far off but as others have said you are melodically jumping around a fair bit.
Well produced and not too long.
Good luck
 :)
Neil

songwriter of no repute..

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2018, 04:50:51 PM »
Liking this song..everything works nicely, the almost spoken vocal fits it perfectly..good job!!!
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2018, 07:03:23 PM »
I know I've already commented on this but.....it's bloody great!

Love it!
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: January 06, 2018, 03:54:48 PM »
How did I miss this one?!
It's ace.  That sawing rhythm of the main guitar is what really makes it for me.
The best one of yours I've heard Darren.  Really nice half-sung half-narrated delivery - your voice sounds a bit Mark Lanegan in places... deep down and gruff.
The only bit I didn't like was the synths, they just felt a bit out of place to me - I'd swap them for a nice gnarly guitar solo I think.
That's a tiny crit about an epic song though - hats off to both of you.
It's all too beautiful.

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2018, 05:13:36 PM »
Great lyric writing and a good song - love the feel of the backing track music.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2018, 08:08:22 PM »
Wow some more great comments, thanks forum!!

redrhodie

Thank you so much, really glad you liked it :)

Pompz

What can I say, you brought it to life! Thank you so much :)

moraamarolaloba

Thanks for listening and commenting and for the feedback on the reverb! Really please you liked it :)

Paulski

Yes we do :P thanks for listening and for your kind comments

adamfarr

Thanks Adam, great to hear all the positive feedback regarding my vocal. It amazes me how a few have been like 'not sure on the keys' and you're like 'can you bring em in earlier' :P just shows that a lot comes down to tastes. Thank for listening and you comments :)

Skub

Haha glad it does!! And thank you for enjoying it!!

Neil C

Thanks you very much. Your comments on tracking my vocals are real helpful. Only recently worked out how to do this in Reaper but it is something I am definitely going to implement and practice.

shadowfax

Thank you for listening and commenting!!

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

That you have come back to comment again means a lot and makes me smile! Thank you Viscount :)

PaulyX

Thanks very much! For listening and your very kind comments :) Mark Lanegan, one to look up :P

Morefrog Jones

Thanks Morefrog!! I am glad you liked it

Thank you all for listening and commenting really means a lot, and your comment really help me move forward with this music production malarky.

All the best

Darren

junkman

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: January 12, 2018, 09:15:25 PM »
By the end of listening to this I went from not liking it to really liking it. I love hearing songs that have non-obvious melodies and chords and you've got a great chorus there. The lyrics read quite melodramatic but then the actual music is this kind of fun, deapan Lou Reed/Jona Lewie kind of execution which seems to thumb its nose at the seeming doom and gloom in the lyrics and say "ahh life sucks, who cares, chin up".

I can see what you're saying about the vocal, the sort of slightly off-key thing is defs a valid style but its a tightrope and the more complex melody lines can tend not to come over - I'd love to hear the chorus slightly more nailed, pitch-wise. Ignore the sticks-in-mud who are poo-pooing your synths. They're like the people who toured with the Beatles in '62 and went "ooo, shaking your mop tops? I'd drop that if I were you".