Waiting at the station

• 7 Replies

Psmeaney

• Busker
« on: December 12, 2017, 10:53:12 PM »
I wrote the first verse over a decade ago and never finished the song,. recently got back into songwriting and thought I'd finished this old one. Thanks for listening
https://www.reverbnation.com/concretestares/song/28912319-waiting-at-the-station

Lyrics
Verse one
Well I saw you today you were working in a shop down town. The rest as they say is history but you know it ain't gonna be that way. I was thinking of leaving but I don't know we're to go, somewhere down south or somewhere like the gulf of Mexico instead I'll be

Chorus
Waiting at the station waiting for the 157 to take me home thinking of dying but I don't want to die alone

Verse 2
I saw you today you were laughing at someone else's jokes. The rest of you is a mystery because you never really opened up to me, i was thinking of leaving but I don't know we're to go., somewhere down south or somewhere like the gulf of Mexico

Verse 3
I called you today I was thinking we could work it out, but you said we're just history so hang up the phone and leave me alone  i was thinking of leaving but I don't know we're to go somewhere down south or somewhere like the gulf of Mexico

Silver Machine

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2017, 10:00:41 PM »
Nice use of strings, and the pedal steel is a little bit of magic .
I like the chemically relaxed drawl. The sound of a man with woman trouble.
Yeah the Gulf of Mexico sounds a long way away, and I like how you settle for the 157 bus instead.
It's good stuff  man, but I think it could do with a bit more story in the lyric y'know? There wasn't much to engage with storywise.
Reminded me of Ryan Adams a lot. That's a good thing.
If you want reviews here, you got to review other peeps songs.  Nothing fancy, just a honest opinion  with a bias on the positive aspects.

pacho

• Busker
  • Just write and sing!
    • Pacho Music Blog
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2017, 11:13:37 PM »
I love voices , backing vocals Quite suprised me in good way .. Nice work,, you have special voice that is calming me , strings nice but sometimes i would remove them or add some more harmonics pattern.. and them variations of that pattern.. But nice.. please add it at soundcloud so i can add it to my list :D

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2017, 09:40:35 AM »
Interesting voice ... kind of like a cross between Leonard Cohen and Nick Cave! I like the sense of movement in the music and the female backing vocal adds nicely. Nice job

2tuoo

• Open Mic
  • Feelings are for faces and paper
    • Emotion Tunes
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2017, 11:23:33 AM »
Superior vocals! So much depth! The female vocals in the background are nicely done, they contribute to the feeling but never take over

around 1:40 the voices go a bit too quiet I'd compress there a bit, but other than that - really cool piece!
Have a great day!

refusedrevival

• Solo Gig
    • Refused Revival
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2017, 05:17:42 PM »
Hi,

Good stuff, especially I like the catchy chorus.
Female backing vocal is really nice bonus.

Well done!

refusedrevival

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2017, 11:17:07 PM »
I loved everything about this. Really great song. Loved both voices. Steel guitar was great.

Lynn

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2017, 06:55:20 PM »
This one slides along well, casually sung with a low key vocal that sounds like it comes from a soul who has 'lived'. Nice use of harmonies and the steel guitar is a refreshing embellishment. Yeah, catchy - well done.
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860