• 64 Replies

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2017, 09:46:55 PM »
Guys I've done this before on a forum, and it just sat on Bandcamp collecting dust instead of attention.
If you aint got the means to attract people to it, there's little point doing it IMO.
It's not cool to be negative, but I reckon we'd have more luck with a nude calendar.
Who wants to be Mr January?

We did this once before but in a slightly different guise. It was a charity album for abandoned dogs. My wife did LOADS of promo on it, and it was heard/ downloaded by 1,000s. Yes, the songs were all relevant to the cause and written for the project, but it's worth considering.

Depends on why those involved want to do it really.
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2017, 09:49:44 PM »
Ooh. This might be worth pursuing...we could do the same kind of thing again...pick a charity...and write songs relevant to that and donate any proceeds?

Edit: I had an idea...how about writing something for an “adopt a fox” charity  ::)

<I’ll get my coat>
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:53:12 PM by PaulAds »
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #17 on: December 12, 2017, 10:25:07 PM »
OK OK, I smell the negative impact stuff but I'm going to do it (not the nude calender btw) In my mind it's just going to be a snapshot in time. Not thinking of anything remotely commercial,  just a reflection on what is happening on this forum now  :)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: December 12, 2017, 10:37:50 PM »
OK OK, I smell the negative impact stuff but I'm going to do it (not the nude calender btw) In my mind it's just going to be a snapshot in time. Not thinking of anything remotely commercial,  just a reflection on what is happening on this forum now  :)
For me, it would be so nice to have a keepsake of me playing alongside my talented forum friends  ;D ;D

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #19 on: December 12, 2017, 11:01:52 PM »
Totally agree Paulski. But the charity bit might work as well, submit your song, name your charity,  divert all the funds in bitcoin to MR POMPEYJAZZ, sort code 11-67-00 . Seriously though the charity angle is a good one and let's accept it none of us are going off on world tours next year so let's just do it !

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: December 12, 2017, 11:26:22 PM »
Totally agree Paulski. But the charity bit might work as well, submit your song, name your charity,  divert all the funds in bitcoin to MR POMPEYJAZZ, sort code 11-67-00 . Seriously though the charity angle is a good one and let's accept it none of us are going off on world tours next year so let's just do it !

Yep - charity works 4 me, well, except the pompey one  ;D ;D

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #21 on: December 13, 2017, 07:07:54 PM »
I'm interesting in contributing in some shape or form 8) great idea Pomps!

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #22 on: December 13, 2017, 07:13:03 PM »
If this project moves forward, I'm interested in being involved somehow. So put my name on the list. :)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #23 on: December 13, 2017, 10:39:04 PM »
OK,  so a bit of interest then. So I propose a deadline of song submission by end of Feb and then based on who is into it, decide on format etc etc. I can see that this might be a bit trickier than I first expected  :)

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 11:32:16 PM »
Good idea,

I'd be up fir contributing a song.

Don't know if I'll have time to write something particularly for it as I'm starting a new job in Jan but I can have a go if that's what's decided.

Can't think of anything else I could offer.

Yodasdad

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2017, 08:56:58 AM »
Nice idea and if I can help I will. How about a mega song of the month covering all new songs during January and February (or from now) and the top 12 voted songs or something get onto the album? Just an idea...

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2017, 11:23:56 AM »
Or how about gathering up the songs of the month of the past year and having them all mixed and mastered to be a coherent whole?

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2017, 05:27:09 PM »
Or how about gathering up the songs of the month of the past year and having them all mixed and mastered to be a coherent whole?

That seems a cracking idea to me

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2017, 09:27:08 PM »
Having them mixed and mastered to be "a coherent whole" implies (to me, anyway) having them all mixed and mastered by the same person or team. Am I right? So either someone would have to volunteer for all that work or first proceeds received (we hope) from the sale of the album would go to pay for the work. Then, anything beyond that could go to a charity or charities....

Just thinking out loud....

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2017, 10:50:29 PM »
Great idea Pompey. Being late to the the thread I can see lots of different ideas about how to choose the songs. In my opinion it makes sense to dig through the archives and resurface the best songs that have been on the forum over the years. Appreciate there's only a few here that could do that but it would be great for some of us relative newcomers to hear some of the best from the archives.