Forum Compilation Album

• 64 Replies

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« on: December 12, 2017, 08:15:13 AM »
Something to think of for the new year.

I think this has been done in the past but not for a while. Who would be interested in contributing to a forum compilation album ? I'm quite happy to take on board the organisation of this and I'm sure that with a such a rich array of talent on here we could get something together. Leave a comment on the thread if you're interested and any details of what extra you could possibly contribute apart from the music  :)

Cheers

John

2tuoo

• Open Mic
  • Feelings are for faces and paper
    • Emotion Tunes
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2017, 08:44:01 AM »
what is forum compilation album?

Is it just a bunch of existing songs or are you talking about new stuff written for it?
Have a great day!

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2017, 09:46:43 AM »
New songs would be good.

I'd be happy to take WAV's of each song and create fade-ins, fade-outs of 10-15 second snippets for YouTube.

count me in.

Paul
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 09:49:05 AM by Wicked Deeds »

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2017, 01:14:34 PM »
I'd be happy to contribute a song - any theme?
If it's for youtube I could patch together a video like this one from last year.
Another idea would be that everyone provide a sound clip of themselves announcing their song  ;D

2tuoo

• Open Mic
  • Feelings are for faces and paper
    • Emotion Tunes
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2017, 01:22:54 PM »
I would like to participate by creating an entirely new song for this
would there be a theme?
Have a great day!

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #6 on: December 12, 2017, 05:10:14 PM »
I would like to contribute for sure. I hope you don't get too many volunteers and have to start saying "sorry mate" too often  ;)

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2017, 05:18:13 PM »
I wasn't really thinking of a theme per se, it was more a "This is the UK Songwriters Forum" showcase album highlighting what diversity we have on here  :)

Digital is obviously the cheapest way to do it, possibly via Bandcamp but if anybody is interested in Physical format I can investigate that too. It costs roughly £250 to duplicate and print 100 CD's

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2017, 05:41:18 PM »
Hi John

I think it's a great idea.

I'd like to see us all writing new songs for this...and I'd be up to giving it a go.

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2017, 07:09:23 PM »
I wasn't really thinking of a theme per se, it was more a "This is the UK Songwriters Forum" showcase album highlighting what diversity we have on here  :)

Digital is obviously the cheapest way to do it, possibly via Bandcamp but if anybody is interested in Physical format I can investigate that too. It costs roughly £250 to duplicate and print 100 CD's

I got my CDs colour printed in card covers full colour printed both sides for less than 50 quid delivered (50 disks)

I could create and or prepare artwork for print if required and put you in touch with my duplication contact. :)
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Hooded Singer

• Open Mic
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2017, 08:22:19 PM »
I'm in.

If we have to write and record a new song for it rather than using one from our back catalogs, let us know the deadline.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2017, 08:33:48 PM »

I got my CDs colour printed in card covers full colour printed both sides for less than 50 quid delivered (50 disks)

I could create and or prepare artwork for print if required and put you in touch with my duplication contact. :)

Hi Tone...

That sounds like a fantastic deal...I’d like the CD guys details, please...if that’s ok. Could you PM me them?

Thanks!

I did read somewhere that artwork is well worth spending a bit of time on...and not just to distract from the music  :P

Paul

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2017, 08:39:08 PM »
Tone did the artwork for my album. It's nothing short of stunning.  I used the same CD duplicator that's tone used but it is now a little more expensive though very affordable.

Paul

Silver Machine

• Open Mic
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2017, 09:41:27 PM »
Guys I've done this before on a forum, and it just sat on Bandcamp collecting dust instead of attention.
If you aint got the means to attract people to it, there's little point doing it IMO.
It's not cool to be negative, but I reckon we'd have more luck with a nude calendar.
Who wants to be Mr January?

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2017, 09:45:37 PM »
 Ha ha...count me out  :D