konalavadome

(new song) Nightsoulday.

• 17 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« on: December 06, 2017, 08:10:27 AM »
Hi, been wondering if this song should be a soft ballad or a rock ballad, in the end it's both..
if you take a listen, I thank you :) :)

https://soundcloud.com/knmac/nightsoulday-by-knmac

Nightsoulday..

I've been searching so long,
since my love was gone yeah,
I will never know the reason,
If I never find you,
know my love was real,
I can never stop believing no,

your my night your my soul your my day,
your my world,
your my night your my soul your my day,...x2

So it's raining in my dreams,
where I know the sun should be,
and the thunder in my heart,
shakes the leaves from the tree's
If ever your alone,
then you'll know where I will be yeah,
I'll be waiting for you,
to come back home,
©KNmac

best, Kevin :) :)

Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 08:45:17 AM »
Such lush strings and stunning production Kev. I think this would have worked whether it was purely a ballad, rock track or what you've produced now. I was wondering when the rock section was going to kick in. Another top quality piece of work. You really should be on the radio and I'm amazed that your songs haven't been picked up and played mainstream  (apart from in Mongolia )  ;D

Krysoe

• Busker
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2017, 10:30:03 AM »
Hey what super track you have produced here.
Really good harmonies from the start with the more classic instrumentation to 2:54 where the more hard beat enters the stage - really powerful.

The only thing I might lack in the more rocky part was a minimal raw guitar solo drive parallel to the melody song, but this is a super track.
Well-produced - continue the good musical craftsmanship

2tuoo

• Open Mic
  • Feelings are for faces and paper
    • Emotion Tunes
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2017, 01:10:54 PM »
Great song,

the rock part came by surprise and sounds really great,

In my opinion, if you ramp up the energy on the rocky part the singing should be ramped up too. I was expecting some higher pitch or agression. (example All By Myself where the second part ramps up in all aspects)

In general than that - the song is great! I guess i'm a bit wired to expect drama
Have a great day!

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2017, 01:17:37 PM »
Another great one, Kev. Everything was spot on, music, singing, production. Nothing to pick at. Haha.

Actually, it would be pretty if at the chorus in the second part of the song, you added a female vocal. I think that would sound good, but it totally works as is.

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2017, 07:17:23 PM »
Was this really 5 minutes? Didn't seem like it.

The chorus is very catchy...the melody throughout the song is hard to fault...pleasing and almost familiar...hey, I'm not saying you copped it from somewhere else just that it feels all cuddly like an old friend if you know what I mean and just makes you feel....er...comfortable.

Instant appeal. Thought you might go out on the chorus though.

Was it really five minutes?
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2017, 07:35:16 PM »
Wow, the rock section really took me by surprise! Very nice ballad ... my only suggestion is that I would get to the rock section sooner, otherwise it feels almost like two songs. However, this is really an excellent track and very well produced.

Kevin

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2017, 08:00:20 PM »
Your songs are always like polished gemstones Kev... get the feeling so much care and craftsmanship has gone into them. This one's no exception. Great production.
Maybe it's a little familiar ground lyrically, but then again, it's a love ballad and that's what works for this kind of piece. I thought the segway into the rock section worked very well and was well timed... you give us two songs for the price of one and prevent either section getting 'samey'.
What's next from the craftsman's workshop?
It's all too beautiful.

Silver Machine

• Open Mic
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 11:28:20 PM »
Nice work man. Some neat restrained things going on in the ballad part, strings all on emotional countdown setting, vocal sounds impassioned,  drama here we come.
Nice segue into the rock crescendo part, man this thing is gonna go up like an inferno.

Dude I gotta say the music went up a gear but the vocal stayed the same.
Ok I know its fine me saying you missed an opportunity, but maybe the voice dont go to those dramatic places?  Man I cant even sing, but I just felt the song didnt reach the height it could of.
Y'knowotahmsayin? It's what rock ballads do, dont they?

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2017, 12:57:57 AM »
Hey Kevin

You're like a quality recording MACHINE. (notice how I spelled "you're"  ;D ;D)
This is well crafted musically, a little spongy lyrically but the music makes up IMHO.
What's with the title  ??? ???
Vocals are stellar as usual but I must admit I'm with the others in wanting some more vocal power in the rocky half (and a soulful lead guitar cause I know you can do it  ;D)

Just nitting out of envy of your production skills here so I'd best shut up.

Nice one!
Paul

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 10:59:03 AM »
Hmm, I can see your dilemma, both halves work equally well.

Only thing I might do differently is bring aspects of the rock section in earlier and build to it but that would be trial and error and you way could well be better.

Nice job with the strings, they really flow. Is it all automation or is it a slow attack sound, or both?

As usual, nicely done and produced.

Yodasdad

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2017, 11:22:20 AM »
Great sound created here...as others have said, the strings sound really impressive. Vocals are top-notch as is the production. Nice flow to the melody too.

Yeah...maybe you could have wigged-out with the vocals a bit when it rocks up...but I think it might have red-lighted the drama-o-meter  :) and it wasn’t what you thought it needed...I usually feel we have to mostly go with our instincts when creating songs...unless it’s for a specific target audience or something bonkers like that.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2017, 07:20:23 PM »
Hi peeps..thanks for listening... :)

can't really do a maxed out rock vocal..just not a good enough singer..
would love to be able to do it though ;D

the strings are all automation, I just go through the track and automate the volume where I think it works..
maybe i could've brought aspects of the rock part in earlier..never occurred to me. :o

I don't get the you're thing..what am I missing ???

polished gemstones.. 8) 8)thank you!!

very pleased it didn't seem like 5 mins...didn't actually realise it was that long myself..

aint got a female vocalist to hand so that's a toughie!!

left the rock guitar solo out so's wasn't too long ..

my songs haven't been picked up because they sound like the 80's..( and maybe they're crap) maybe when the eighties sound comes back round eh!!!..big maybe though ::) ::)

Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2017, 07:38:07 PM »

I don't get the you're thing..what am I missing ???

Sorry - just being an (anal retentive) grammar cop:

you're my night you're my soul you're my day,
you're my world,
you're my night you're my soul you're my day,...x2

;D ;D

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2017, 01:12:36 PM »
Hi peeps..thanks for listening... :)

can't really do a maxed out rock vocal..just not a good enough singer..
would love to be able to do it though ;D

my songs haven't been picked up because they sound like the 80's..( and maybe they're crap) maybe when the eighties sound comes back round eh!!!..big maybe though ::) ::)

I hope it's okay that I condensed your post to just these points, because I read them and wanted to yell at you! You have a Great voice, and your songs are fantastic. You get almost universally positive feedback. Your songs are absolutely not "crap".

As to why you haven't gotten picked up, who knows? I suspect you gotta get an agent to get commercially successful.

Lynn