Wizard Of Oz inspired Christmas song to fight Dementia

• 0 Replies

DollysGirl

• Busker
« on: December 13, 2017, 03:51:03 AM »
Hi

I know this is a big ask...but I was hoping you could help me with something?

My name is Haley, I am a 35 year old Mum of 2 children aged 2 and 11 months. I have lived in Runcorn, England all of my life and I have always written songs for fun...I have decided  to create a YouTube channel for my songs and I want to kick this off by sharing a song that has been inspired by one of my all time favourite films...The Wizard of Oz. I used to watch this film over and over with my Nan Dolly  (real name Dorothy like the leading lady). My Nan sadly passed of Dementia and Alzheimer's almost 2 years ago. My 11 month old daughter is called Dorothiea in honour of my Nan...it is the modern version of Dorothy.  Nan loved this film so much that somewhere over the rainbow was played at her funeral.  My Nan also loved Christmas...so in memory of my Nan I have created a Christmas song that  refers to the Wizard of Oz all the way through and the chorus is part of a key song that is in the original film...all of this is to original music. I am going to donate any revenue generated through monetizing the lyric video to  Dementia and Alzheimers Charities. I was just wondering if it would be possible that you could share my song on your fb page. It is all completely clean and can be enjoyed by all generations. Would this be possible please?

Thanks for your time

Haley