**** off donald trump

• 11 Replies

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« on: November 30, 2017, 06:06:51 AM »
So he retweets 3 misleading videos purporting to show violence in the UK by Islamist migrants.

- First video is from the Netherlands and is of a dutch man, not a migrant. He was arrested and sentenced.
- Second video is from 2013 and believed to be from Syria
- Third video is also from 2013 and from riots in Egypt. Those involved were prosecuted, with one man being executed.

Then, when May (all to politely) criticizes him, he tells her to "focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom".
Dude, she is focusing on the UK by ticking you off for promoting radical extremism.

The only words I can think of to describe this despicable man are not fit for publication...

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2017, 08:17:02 AM »
It is OK RAMSHACKLES:

I just read this on CNN

"White House press secretary Sarah Sanders defended Trump's retweets, telling reporters that he shared them to start a conversation about border security and immigration.
"I think his goal is to promote strong borders and strong national security," Sanders told a small group of reporters after appearing on Fox News. Sanders also downplayed questions about whether the videos were authentic, because "the threat is real.""

You really couldn't write it, even though the videos are not authentic his official office is still defending it! (Not that the comments would have been ok even if the videos were real!)

Wasn't he unhappy with "fake news" a little while ago  ::)

Could I please ask those discussing this to "tread carefully" - even in a "bar" politics and religion are sensitive grounds - and this story covers both!!!  :o
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2017, 04:12:40 PM »
Yeah Trump's an embarrassment and a consequence of a broken democratic system.
I mean TWO candidates for what some like to call "the leader of the free world"?
I've seen more to choose from for a garbage truck worker  :( :(
Let's hope they get rid of him before he does too much damage.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2017, 07:05:08 AM »
For what my opinion is worth, I think Trump has been crippled from day one of his presidency...if not before....The DNC and the Obama administration set him up for impeachment using the dubious  “”Russia Gate” business for which there’s still been zero evidence for and some evidence against. He’s been blocked and obstructed at every turn...and one political commentator I have a lot of time for said that Trump was effectively castrated by the deep state within two weeks of taking over. Mostly due to his hopes (with Gen Flynn) to normalise relations with Russia, reduce the number of overseas wars being fought and chucking money into NATO which otherwise serves little purpose.

The American Empire seems to be in decline. It’s just a question of whether it will attempt to manage that decline and accept a less prominent role in the world...or go down flailing at one and all like a desperate madman.

Unless any president is surrounded and advised by good, intelligent people that he can trust...he will be left grasping around in the dark without any coherent policy. If not, then a few dopey tweets are the last of my worries. I read something yesterday about the Russian opinion of Trump thus far which said something like “more unpredictable but broadly similar in policy to Obama”

I’m not a Trump supporter...but I think the US had a <slim> chance to pull back from some extremely dangerous positions it had adopted RE China, Russia and the Middle East...but...
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2017, 08:36:44 AM »
I don't really know much about that...I just think he should stop stirring *our* pot!
Especially with lies.
I have no problem with people criticizing May (I'm sure I do whenever she is mentioned), but seeing an arrogant, orange American - whose idea of a nice living room involves buying up all the gold paint from B&Q - using videos from an extremist hate group (that aren't even factually correct) to attempt to show up the UK as some kind of dangerous terrorism hotbed really takes the biscuit

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2017, 08:37:37 AM »

;D ;D
I guess "fake" == anything Trump does not like

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2017, 10:05:40 AM »
I don't really know much about that...I just think he should stop stirring *our* pot!
Especially with lies.
I have no problem with people criticizing May (I'm sure I do whenever she is mentioned), but seeing an arrogant, orange American - whose idea of a nice living room involves buying up all the gold paint from B&Q - using videos from an extremist hate group (that aren't even factually correct) to attempt to show up the UK as some kind of dangerous terrorism hotbed really takes the biscuit

Twitter is a funny place, but I don’t particularly rate Trump’s powers of persuasion anyway. I don’t think the UK is some kind of dangerous terrorism hotbed. I was, however, surprised to see two policemen wandering through my local shopping centre last week carrying machine guns. Something I never saw when terrorists in the UK were killing on much larger and more regular scale back in the 70’s and 80’s. That took my biscuit.

Maybe if either of them had mistaken me for a Brazilian electrician and pulled the trigger, a little flag would have unfurled from the gun barrel saying “only joking...Merry Xmas”  

I agree with you about the foolishness of the re-tweets...I just think that all rational people will make their own minds up.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2017, 10:13:17 AM by PaulAds »

2tuoo

• Open Mic
  • Feelings are for faces and paper
    • Emotion Tunes
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2017, 06:13:46 AM »
If trump got himself discussed on music-writing forums
then he definitely knows what he's doing.
Have a great day!

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2017, 01:32:59 PM »
I 100% concur with PaulAds. I find Trump as repulsive as anyone but firmly believe he is a symptom of the problem, not the root of the problem.

The actual problem, which gave rise to people like Trump is the decaying, hypocritical, self serving Neoliberal elite world order, which unashamedly puts economics above everything else, including morality and society, and has rigged the world for the 1%, leaving everyone else increasingly pressured. It suits the establishment elite in Washington to portray Russia as an enemy of the West (presumably because it keeps a lot of people in Washington in jobs and helps the neo liberal media perpetuate Western propaganda), just as it suits them to continue to support massive arms deals in the Middle East.

Trump threatens this establishment order, and Russia is holding a mirror up to it, which is why the order is lashing out with this spurious Russian investigation.

The whole thing is ugly and unpleasant. I wish the liberal elite would accept they fucked up but the blame game continues....
« Last Edit: December 03, 2017, 01:36:55 PM by mickyplankton »

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2017, 06:55:09 AM »
It is OK RAMSHACKLES:

I just read this on CNN

"White House press secretary Sarah Sanders defended Trump's retweets, telling reporters that he shared them to start a conversation about border security and immigration.
"I think his goal is to promote strong borders and strong national security," Sanders told a small group of reporters after appearing on Fox News. Sanders also downplayed questions about whether the videos were authentic, because "the threat is real.""

You really couldn't write it, even though the videos are not authentic his official office is still defending it! (Not that the comments would have been ok even if the videos were real!)

Could I please ask those discussing this to "tread carefully" - even in a "bar" politics and religion are sensitive grounds - and this story covers both!!!  :o

Talking of “fake news” Mr Trump seems to be absolutely correct when he states that CNN is one of the biggest culprits...along with MSNBC and CBS...

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/09/the-u-s-media-yesterday-suffered-its-most-humiliating-debacle-in-ages-now-refuses-all-transparency-over-what-happened/

When you said you really couldn’t write it...it’s worth bearing in mind that they quite possibly did.

Sorry to drag this back up, but it’s a great illustration of some of the seemingly co-ordinated deception that is happening.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2017, 12:54:49 PM »
It is OK RAMSHACKLES:

I just read this on CNN

Talking of “fake news” Mr Trump seems to be absolutely correct when he states that CNN is one of the biggest culprits...along with MSNBC and CBS...

https://theintercept.com/2017/12/09/the-u-s-media-yesterday-suffered-its-most-humiliating-debacle-in-ages-now-refuses-all-transparency-over-what-happened/

When you said you really couldn’t write it...it’s worth bearing in mind that they quite possibly did.

Sorry to drag this back up, but it’s a great illustration of some of the seemingly co-ordinated deception that is happening.

OK, looks like CNN made a mistake but, as the article says, they admitted it and even a so-called main-stream media outlet - Washington Post called them out on it. Where's the conspiracy? Donald Trump and Co. have never admitted they were wrong about anything and the garbage they've spewed is far more harmful and untrue than anything the MSM could make up. Typical alt-right tactic - make an admission of a mistake into proof of a conspiracy. The liberals are out to destroy you! Gah!  ;D ;D

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2017, 01:23:34 PM »
MSM has parroted lies used to start wars that have resulted in literally millions of innocent people dying...Trump will be hard pushed to come up with anything more harmful than that.

It seemed to me to be the continuation of the endeavour to keep throwing hedgehogs at the dartboard until one of them sticks. Resulting in lots of hedgehogs on the floor again.

I still think it very likely that Mueller, Comey and the Clinton/Obama mob will come unstuck...and the bitter irony of it is that well-meaning supposedly liberal types will have been played for suckers by the establishment in the attempted removal of the only possible threat to its power that has surfaced for many years.

I used that article as it is - as far as I’m concerned - clearly an example of “fake news” propagated by the major news networks...you may see it differently...and perhaps even as an innocent mistake......in which case I suspect we may just have to agree to disagree.

As for “conspiracy” - do you think that the powerful just leave it all to chance?

EDIT: oddly enough...this landed in my inbox this evening...an interesting read, should anyone fancy a non-mainstream perspective

https://consortiumnews.com/2017/12/11/russia-gates-litany-of-corrections/
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:29:57 PM by PaulAds »