Need inspiration and help getting through writers block

• 53 Replies

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2017, 11:01:16 PM »
Okay, great.

Here you go, let me know what you think.

https://soundcloud.com/my-idiom/unexplainable-love-v3-bounce

Yodasdad

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2017, 11:05:21 PM »
It's just a rough piano/vocal sketch at the moment obviously.

Yodasdad

kieronfairhurst

• Busker
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2017, 11:11:03 PM »
It's just a rough piano/vocal sketch at the moment obviously.

Yodasdad

Oh wow i love it. Its exactly what i invisioned for it to be, so where we at at the moment. You got the updated lyrics so i can look at them and write some more. Was that last part the chorus? Sounded pretty darn good to me.

What more should i write about for it? :)

Thanks again :)
K.

kieronfairhurst

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2017, 11:14:10 PM »
Can you write out what we have so far into a verse 1, verse 2, pre chorus, verse 3, chorus or however it would go sort of like that format :)

Also as for the melody id like it to start  slow then pick up a bit towards the end if you know what i mean.

K.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 11:22:43 PM by kieronfairhurst »

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2017, 11:27:58 PM »
Glad you liked it, yeah I'll send you that tomorrow coz it's on my main computer and I can just copy it off.

I've gone without a pre-chorus at the moment. That last section was the chorus. I might decide to add one in at some point if I think the song needs it.

The best thing you can do is just write and send me more verses, or even what you think could be verses. The more the better, that way if one doesn't work, a good one can probably pieced together between them.

Assuming that the chorus stays the same each time (it doesn't have to but usually does) you have 2 more sections to say everything you want- another verse and a middle 8. We can probably squeeze an extra verse if you really need it

Let me know when you've got some ideas.

Yodasdad

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2017, 11:00:37 AM »
Here's what I've got so far:

V1
My hands are shaking, my heart is racing
its something I, can't deny,
this feeling inside when I look in your eyes.

V2
All I ever wanted was true love,
then you came along and swept me off my feet
being with you fulfils all of my needs
This part needs changing, and preferably to something that rhymes with 'you' as it will maintain the rhyme scheme from the first verse.

Chorus
I love you more than skies are blue
But even if they turn grey, I'll still be loving you.
It’s unexplainable, should be unobtainable
Our True unexplainable love

I've been coming up with further lyrics for the next verse this morning but to be honest I think it would be better coming from you, at least the main jist of it anyway.

Lets say we go with two more verses the same size as the two here, to give you a bit of room to say everything you need.

Yodasdad

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 06:52:21 PM »
Hey Kieron,

How's the writing going.

I've got a couple of verses if you want to see them and suggest changes. They obviously won't be as personal as you would come up with though.

Yodasdad

kieronfairhurst

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2017, 11:11:24 PM »
Hey Kieron,

How's the writing going.

I've got a couple of verses if you want to see them and suggest changes. They obviously won't be as personal as you would come up with though.

Yodasdad

Yeah hit me with them, ill take a look. Long as there in the sameish direction was going in am sure they will be cool.

I wrote some stuff earlier. It was in a bit of a rewrite direction but im sure they can be tied into what already have and what ever you have written.

Show me what you have and ill send you mine bit later when get back home.

K.

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2017, 12:22:11 AM »
Okay, these are what I've settled on for now, out of many variations I came up with.

I was going to make one of the verses a more direct questioning of your boyfriends feelings but it didn't seem to fit the thread of the verses. The middle 8 would be a better place to do this if it's something you want to do, as it's meant to be a contrasting section.

I've tried to work from the information you've presented, just let me know if I'm on the right lines or way off the mark.

V3
From keyboard antics to true romantics
I've laughed till it hurts, you've made me feel so real
You're like water, I'm thirst, that's why I jumped in head first.

V4
It's early days but we're filling pages
In this fairytale that we both share
If words get too hard just say it straight from the heart

Yodasdad
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 12:24:10 AM by Yodasdad »

kieronfairhurst

• Busker
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2017, 12:55:22 AM »
Okay, these are what I've settled on for now, out of many variations I came up with.

I was going to make one of the verses a more direct questioning of your boyfriends feelings but it didn't seem to fit the thread of the verses. The middle 8 would be a better place to do this if it's something you want to do, as it's meant to be a contrasting section.

I've tried to work from the information you've presented, just let me know if I'm on the right lines or way off the mark.

V3
From keyboard antics to true romantics
I've laughed till it hurts, you've made me feel so real
You're like water, I'm thirst, that's why I jumped in head first.

V4
It's early days but we're filling pages
In this fairytale that we both share
If words get too hard just say it straight from the heart

Yodasdad

I like it, i'll send you what i have shortly. Im not sure its middle 8 matieral but shall see if can tie it in somehow.
Hes curently writing down his thoughts of the relatioship so ill see if i can come up with something from that too.

K.

kieronfairhurst

• Busker
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2017, 02:50:26 AM »
Okay so here's all I have so far, new bits I've wrote today. A little bit from him because I asked him tonight how he feels so got a few words of his own now to write some verse about or add in with the other parts already have.

So this is what we got, bit I wrote today to start with:

Your a vison of beauty with a heart so sweet
I look your eyes and it makes me complete
I'm scared to lose you, I don't know what id do.
(something here that rhymes with complete)

You are the reason I wake up at night, I toss and turn
in the moonlight, having nightmares I swear its true because i
couldn't imagine a moment without you

I cant explain this feeling inside, when in your eyes
I get lost in time, I cant believe a boy like you is mine

I'm the best version of myself when I'm with you, I cant
believe I got you, in this true love with a boy like you

before I met you I almost gave up on love but you were
my angel from up above, you showed me how to love again
you gave me hope now there's nothing I wouldn't do to express my
love for you

I wanna cut to the best part. I want it all or nothing
I cant stand a moment when we are apart because you have
the key to my heart

The bit I found on my pc that I wrote a few weeks ago when I tried writing something then:

I almost gave up, I almost gave in but there you
were just waiting

There are no words that can describe the way I feel about you
I love you so much I don't want it to end and id die without you

my unexplainable love

I wasn't looking for love when i started talking to you
but I would stay up at night just talking to you, my cheeks would
hurt from smiling that's just one of the things you do

when I met your family, I felt they accepted me
that's all I've ever wanted

The bit he wrote to add to it:

You're my first thought in the morning, my last thought late at night
when you're not with me I long for you, I love you more than words can say
and although you drive me crazy I wouldn't have it any other way
when I'm in your arms I feel safe and warm
your smile and laugh infectious, your touch so soft and warm

So what's your thoughts on all of that, about the new stuff I wrote, the stuff from few weeks ago I wrote when I tried writing then, the stuff he had to say about how he feels and the stuff you have wrote and the stuff we already have.

I probably need to write another verse or the middle 8 out of his thoughts? but what =/ and all it needs re putting into the verse chorus format again to see where we are at with it.

also I want the song to end with something like "our true.. unexplainable love."

think that would be a nice wrap up for it :)

Let me know your thoughts and what I should write with all that I just given you or if we can fit it into with what we already have :)

Thanks again,
K.

Edit: Also For the verse 2 I my edit for that when you said it needed changing a bit was this. minor but I think it makes it sound a little better

All I ever wanted was true love,
then you came along and swept me off my feet
being with you makes me feel complete, it forfills all my needs
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 03:04:08 AM by kieronfairhurst »

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2017, 08:17:39 AM »
Mornin,

There's some good stuff in there, l'll spend a bit of time going through it and come back to you.

I'm going to pm you a few questions in the meantime.

Yodasdad

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: November 26, 2017, 10:42:09 AM »
Hi,

First of all, let's scrap those last two verses I sent you. The lyrics you sent through work much better.

I used bits and pieces, re-worded, used the sentiments etc to come up with two more verses, I've also put together a middle 8 out of what is coming across. You can obviously say if you don't like any of it, but if you do, I think we've got a finished song.

I'm just waiting for my daughter to roll out of bed so I can get a recording down (her bedroom backs on to my studio).

I'll send it across when I'm done, it'll only be a rough sketch still though.

Answers to those questions will still be useful though, when you can.

Yodasdad

kieronfairhurst

• Busker
« Reply #28 on: November 26, 2017, 02:49:38 PM »
Hi,

First of all, let's scrap those last two verses I sent you. The lyrics you sent through work much better.

I used bits and pieces, re-worded, used the sentiments etc to come up with two more verses, I've also put together a middle 8 out of what is coming across. You can obviously say if you don't like any of it, but if you do, I think we've got a finished song.

I'm just waiting for my daughter to roll out of bed so I can get a recording down (her bedroom backs on to my studio).

I'll send it across when I'm done, it'll only be a rough sketch still though.

Answers to those questions will still be useful though, when you can.

Yodasdad

Looking forward to it, I answered your questions in the pm, also I was thinking of changing the songs title to "true love" cause at first I think it was unexplainable but now I think its been explained pretty well in this song when its all written and wrapped up nicely and I believe its a true love so its a perfect title for it :)

Once you put it all together with what you have and what I sent last night for the middle 8 and potentially adding some of the other stuff in there for another verse or add it in with the other verses to make it longer can you write it into the verse chorus format once more?

K.

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: November 26, 2017, 05:13:37 PM »
Hi,

Got dragged out for Sunday lunch. I'll ok at your message, keep going on the song and come back to you shortly.

With regards the title, it's up to you but my advice would be not to call it True Love.

Titles are a very important aspect of a song and 'True Love' is a very over used and quite cliche pairing when it comes to songs and I think lowers the expectations of what the song will be.

I think a really good and intriguing title would be simply 'Our Unexplainable'

Yodasdad