Lovely to Meet You

• 18 Replies

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2017, 05:51:56 AM »
Hey Pauly,

Sorry I'm so late on this one, slowly but surely ey ;)

I like the idea of approaching a lyric which might be assumed to talk about a human antagonist with enough ambiguity for personification of others items which have similar emotional attachments - seems so simple but not something I've much considered previously. Your examples are especially intriguing as I read this more of running away from a vice (so alcohol, drugs, bad partner). Feels slightly more unnatural to me to assume you're running away from something sinister-unmentioned to find solace in something special.

I love the subtly-aggressive actions littered throughout; but I reckon the use of these on the verses ("sh*t storm", "slap") and pre-chorus ("shotgun to a hostage", "matches to a bonfire") is a part of why I assume fake/temporary/unhealthy solace, as opposed to genuine and healthy.

Nice arrangement too, I like the forward momentum of the guitar in the verses then the breaks from it nicely to lead into the chorus - which has great addictive flow.

Don't know if you've changed the mix since the previous comments; but the vocals (execution, levels) sounds nice to me - and the music too.

Really well put together and an enjoyable listen. I'll generally vote against "instant & accessible" but it's smart to vary the album up.

All the best,
Scott.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 05:54:04 AM by ScottLevi »

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2017, 05:50:28 PM »
Hi Pauly. Great song. Opens really well and carries the listener along for 4 minutes of fine indie pop. I agree with most of the previous posters particularly re the vocals and Adam Farr in particular. My two penny's: the vocal delivery lacks the energy of the rest of the sound. It needs a bit more gusto from the lead vocalist. The singing is fine, just a little tame. Needs a bit more passion and oomph.

Cheers,

Micky

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2017, 08:34:28 PM »
Great track guys,

Agree with most, those higher register vocals cut through ok but the lower register ones will need bringing up in the mix or possibly an EQ boost somewhere to make them cut through.

Lovely punchy drums and nice guitar licks here and there...we love all that.

Loved the track, Lyrics cool too.

Nice work.

kevysc

• Platinum Album
  • I'm Working from Memory
    • Your Song Contest