konalavadome

Book Writing- what's your favourite ebook format?

• 5 Replies

Max32

• Busker
« on: November 20, 2017, 08:42:42 AM »
My question for you is what format should I get my eBooks in? I've seen that there are several options available but i am in a little dilemma. Which formats are your favourite??
It is what it is.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 12:19:42 PM »
I mostly read Kindle books. I have occasionally read books in simple PDF format. I don't really notice much difference, except that Kindle books have more features (like remembering how far you got in the book and being able to highlight, if you care to--I never do, but I can see it would be handy in some situations).

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 01:07:46 PM »
I keep meaning to have a go and uploading a book via Kindle Direct Publishing. It looks quite easy once the formatting is done and you've had a cover designed (assumption that the writing / editing / proofreading  has all been taken care of). But I've yet to get round to it. I suspect that the marketing is the most difficult thing. So many hundreds of thousands of people do it that getting one's book to rise above the masses seems to me to be the tough bit.

Derek
West Country Country Boy

2tuoo

• Open Mic
  • Feelings are for faces and paper
    • Emotion Tunes
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2017, 06:48:06 AM »
I think there is no need to go beyond Kindle.

I would recommend a small marketing tactic - make an epub file of your book but include only 30% of the text.

Then post it on thepiratebay with the full title of your book and  in description and title include the word "leaked".
Have a great day!

Max32

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2017, 04:42:34 PM »
I think there is no need to go beyond Kindle.

I would recommend a small marketing tactic - make an epub file of your book but include only 30% of the text.

Then post it on thepiratebay with the full title of your book and  in description and title include the word "leaked".

Yes, i was reading a more detailed description about this here https://www.1and1.co.uk/digitalguide/online-marketing/online-sales/e-book-formats-everything-you-need-to-know-about-e-books/ and it seems that ePUB is very much recommended. It also says that ePUB e-books are protected by the Adobe software. Do you know if there is some sought of advantage to this?
It is what it is.

2tuoo

• Open Mic
  • Feelings are for faces and paper
    • Emotion Tunes
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2017, 06:28:56 PM »
That depends,

if you are going to distribute your book on Amazon - do mobi, anywhere else - epub
Have a great day!