Teenage Food Chain

• 24 Replies

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 08:34:12 PM »
Awesome and pushing the boundaries as usual. Absolutely love the riff. Most regular musicians would love to have a riff like that in their arsenal. Im a fan of the concept and the lyrics too. There's a theatrical style and guitar work in here that has faint echo of Tina M as mentioned above.
great work.

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 10:31:55 PM »
Very VERY cool. Pulls you in and grabs you by the nuts - that guitar riff is BAD-A**.
Weird. Robotic. Menacing. Awesome! What a concept. Loving the Silver Machine :)
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

pacho

• Busker
  • Just write and sing!
    • Pacho Music Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 06:25:10 PM »
Wau Quite interersting..
Its original  I like that ..
But ot my style .. In your place i would a little make better guitar sound.
BTW : Yes Im hungry :P

Silver Machine

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2017, 09:36:16 PM »
Hey , great reviews guys! Most peeps seem to be getting  the hang of what I'm doing. That's a great feeling.
Thanks all for the advice about improvements. Y'know I'm in this for the  exhilaration of going  out to weirdsville and bringing a bit back each time. Sound quality is not great in weirdsville.
The voices  are all software generated, and I mess around with them a lot, which probably acounts for any muddiness there.
Man, I would love to work with a singer/ voice actor. That  would  give me 100% more options. Though, it could be the limitations of the way I work that produce the results.
Paulyx wanted a download. If you still do, man, I have it on drop box I just gotta work out how to give you a link.
So yeah thanks for all the great comments,  it's a friendly  forum.
And the guy who thought it was so shit he couldnt even talk directly to me, aw man you're too old and maybe need to give up music for bingo.
This Tina M  has been mentioned before, will have to check the lady out and threaten to sue.

2tuoo

• Open Mic
  • Feelings are for faces and paper
    • Emotion Tunes
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2017, 10:40:46 PM »
Hey , great reviews guys! Most peeps seem to be getting  the hang of what I'm doing. That's a great feeling.
Thanks all for the advice about improvements. Y'know I'm in this for the  exhilaration of going  out to weirdsville and bringing a bit back each time. Sound quality is not great in weirdsville.
The voices  are all software generated, and I mess around with them a lot, which probably acounts for any muddiness there.
Man, I would love to work with a singer/ voice actor. That  would  give me 100% more options. Though, it could be the limitations of the way I work that produce the results.
Paulyx wanted a download. If you still do, man, I have it on drop box I just gotta work out how to give you a link.
So yeah thanks for all the great comments,  it's a friendly  forum.
And the guy who thought it was so shit he couldnt even talk directly to me, aw man you're too old and maybe need to give up music for bingo.
This Tina M  has been mentioned before, will have to check the lady out and threaten to sue.

I just re-read the comments to this post. Who are you talking about?
Have a great day!

Silver Machine

• Open Mic
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2017, 10:56:27 PM »
Not you, man!
If someone posts in my thread its nice if they talk to ME, yknow.

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2017, 08:33:51 AM »
Hey Silver

Hope you're good dude!

This is awesome, I'm loving the array of sounds you have going on it makes for some really exciting listening, the "wohooooo" are my favourite but the all of them feel well placed, which In sure was difficult to achieve.

Considering you said don't care much for production feels like if you hadn't done a good job on that side this could easily sound like a incoherent wall of nonsense. So don't think you have too much to worry about.

I said last time the lack of real vocals felt like a lost opportunity; but to be fair I don't get the same feeling with this one - plenty of variation and supporting sounds and it feels right.

As others have said it's so warming and a great encouragement to the community to see how friendly and diverse the forum is to all sorts of genres and experimentation.

Don't let off comments get you down, it's a delightfully rare occurrence and it's easy to sometimes be thoughtless in the moment.

All the best,
Scott
« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:35:31 AM by ScottLevi »

pacho

• Busker
  • Just write and sing!
    • Pacho Music Blog
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2017, 10:49:36 PM »

If you want i can try to help you.. ANd if you will like result  of some demo or something we could work sometimes together

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: December 11, 2017, 08:38:44 PM »
Thanks for the opportunity to listen. Lots fun to be had here.
Cleaver mix of garage and vocals spaced up.
Thoughts perhaps you need to up the distortion a bit more on the guitar, its sounding a but flabby to me!
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: December 13, 2017, 09:19:19 AM »
And I thought I was out there  :o this is so amazingly creative and so very original :)
I love the concept  :-*  the music made me feel quite uncomfortable the first time round, but on
the 2nd listen, my ears kind of adjusted  :) A fun track, with a deeper message :)