« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 01:50:52 PM »
not sure why, but the second link did't work for me :(
Have a great day!

refusedrevival

• Solo Gig
    • Refused Revival
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 04:24:26 PM »
Hi,

I like the track and the melody. Nice piano and excellent vocals.

Some minor critique: I think the guitar is not in rhythm in some parts.
Also you have 2 or 3 popups in the vocals.

Good stuff!

refusedrevival

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2017, 06:38:42 PM »
Hi Yoda. 2nd link did not work so listened to the original. I would echo the sentiments of the other posters. what stands out for me is how strong your voice is and how brilliant you are at holding those notes. you have a great gift there as well as a talent for song writing . Lovely tribute.

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2017, 11:03:20 PM »
Beautiful. Not a dry eye in my house. The music is just wonderful, with so much melody and interesting progressions. And your heart felt vocals struck a chord with me too, looking back on a similar experience. He'd be very proud of you, and this song too I'm sure. Music is amazing, and what a beautiful way for a loving son to commemorate a wonderful father.
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

pacho

• Busker
  • Just write and sing!
    • Pacho Music Blog
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 04:42:31 PM »
When Im listening this.. That song Im creating.. I wanna throw me away.. I dont thinks I can do something like this... Ohh Yore talented.. nice work really , touching

Daniel_Young

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2017, 09:15:12 AM »
I'll second 'refusederevival' for the rhythm guitar part,
I think that the piano should be the dominant instrument for this tune without any guitar on it.

A very touching and authentic song which is great!

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2017, 12:30:39 AM »
Hey Yoda,

Didn't listen to the original mix but the new one sounds real clean.

Always interested in an autobiographical peice and the delicacy of sentiment and words is wonderful to witness.

Something like this you can't sacrifice substance for structure, and the changing rhyming pattern helps to progresses the song imo. I love how well the words come clean and each line means something - it doesn't take much to undermine a work like this and it's evident you've put the care in.

Beautiful melody throughout and I enjoyed how the musical transitions felt distinctive but never overpowering.

I'm sure the family will be touched, a tribute anyone would be proud to have.

Thanks for sharing.
Scott.

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2017, 08:28:49 AM »
Hi all,

Just checking in to say thanks for the responses, they're very much appreciated.

I'm going to do a personalised reply to everyone shortly, when I've got a little more time to do it.

Yodasdad

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2017, 01:21:09 PM »
When a loved one dies he takes with him a world in which nothing bad happened and shows us a life in which everything can be erased, suddenly, and there we stay, alone with our own discovery and our tears, a salt water that gives you the strength to keep going, caught in your moment.
Moving song, moving lyrics. The tone of the voice helps the feeling. See you. Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2017, 08:47:43 PM »
Hey Yodasdad.

As men we dont like to let emotions show. Great job here, I knew exactly what you were saying without getting soppy or too deep.

Melody was easy to listen to, vocal is cool,

You dad would be proper proud of this.

Nice work Geezer.

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #25 on: November 27, 2017, 12:39:59 PM »
Great selection of chords, accompanied by a fine vocal.  The production really allows the song to shine.  No need to overcomplicate with a fuller production.  I think the verse sections are the best part of this song and love the percussion that you have used to accompany the story telling.  A song to be proud of and a lovely way to remember your Dad.

Well done!

Paul

Three Key Audio

• Busker
« Reply #26 on: November 27, 2017, 04:21:53 PM »
This is really beautiful man, you've done him proud!!

production sounds really nice, crisp and clear.  only note i would have is the timings of the guitar go out, only once or twice i noticed [just at the start], not a massive thing but an easy fix in your music program :)

keep em coming man i really love your voice!!

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #27 on: December 02, 2017, 11:26:32 AM »
Sorry it's taken me so long to respond.

I gave a copy to my mum, brother, auntie and uncle. All cried, but appreciated it.  Haven't heard from my brother but according to my mum he's listened to it.  He shares his emotions and cries a lot to her but not with me. I think he took my dad's death a bit harder than me, probably because he was younger at the time and also because he didn't get to see him at the end.

Pompey

Thanks for your comment, I wanted to keep this one quite intimate , Glad you liked the production.

Oh great, this is why I don't like doing responses on my iPad, because I can only see handful of what everyone's written. I will respond to the ones I can see  and come back to the rest of you later when I'm on my other compute
r.

Scub

Sorry to hear about your sister,  yeah this just found the right time to write this one for some reason. Glad the emotion came across to you, thanks.

PaulyX

Thanks for your review Pauly, the lyrics came quite easy on this one, and if you like them I must've done something right.  Thanks again.

Binladeda

Thanks for taking the time to listen, sorry/glad you cried :-)  at least I know the emotions coming across.

Refusedrevival

Thanks for your observations,  i'll have another look at the guitar, seems to be a bit of a problem with the samples not always lining up with the track quite right.

Mickyplankton

Thanks for listening, I have to admit though, it does take a little bit of pitch correction to get my vocals send in the way I do.

Cazrolina

Thanks, I know  A lot of people will be able to relate to the theme but I'm surprised if it made everyone at your place cry,  that means a lot, thanks.

Daniel Young

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment glad you liked it. Piano is my first instalment, so I try to push myself and move away from that, but maybe I'll go back and make a piano heavy version at some point.

Scott Levi

Thanks for your thoughtful review. I'm pleased that I came across as authentic because this one surely is.

Mora

Thanks for your thoughtful words and taking the time to listen.

Cawlroductions

If men don't like to show their emotions, I must be the manliest of men because it really comes hard for me,  and I really can't do it unless it's in a song . Glad you liked it thanks for listening.

Wicked deeds

Thanks for your thoughts, I was originally going to keep it as just guitar and vocal but I thought that the percussion  worked, glad you did too. I wanted to keep you arrangement in a way that I could imagine it being sung at the graveside either by myself or a small group of people.

Three key audio

Thanks for listening, commenting, and your observations. I'll take a look at the guitar, it seems to be a problem with the samples  not always lining up properly with the track.

IronKnee

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2017, 06:09:33 PM »
The first bar took me to America, and their stellar sound.
I like the song, YD.......moves along really well and your voice carries the melody well.
Very uplifting......
                                  -Tom
"I know the truth, by my struggle against it"
                                                          -IronKnee

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2017, 08:11:53 PM »
And the rest of my replies...

Bill Saunders

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment, glad you liked it.

Shadowfax

Thanks, must be okay if you think so.

Krysoe

Thanks, replied already in your thread didn't I.

Martin Swede

Thanks for your kind words. Interesting you should mention the brightness. I had a real issue with sibilance on this one. Its actually got 2 de-essers on it as well as manuallly ducking the sibilance all the way through. I think I've improved it a little on the second mix I posted but still, caused me a real headache.

Paulski.

Thanks, Yeah he was a good man, shame I never really got to know him. Thanks for listening and commenting.

Silver Machine.

Thanks, I know what your saying with the ballads thing. Thanks for listening anyway though. I'm ready, well I made sure I wasn't around when they listened to it anyway. ;)

Paulads

Thanks for your comment. Strangely, I actually found this one of the easiest I've ever written. Once I decided to do it, just all kind of came out in one go.

Morefrog

Haha, thanks. Don't look like there is one this month anyway.

Montydog

Thanks, I know what you mean. Normally I'm quite conscious of cliche etc but this one, almost wrote itself lyrically.

Darren 1664

Thanks a lot for commenting, glad you liked it.

Ironknee

Thanks, I wouldn't know how to write in an american style, but it's nice to know I can. Thanks for listening.

Thanks everyone

Now let it sink...