Elizabeth Knows (Write and record in 1 hour project)

• 22 Replies

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 12:31:20 PM »
PompeyJazz

Just listened to your remixed version.

MUCH better,  is it slightly faster? could still be a bit faster. but something is missing, I think it's strummed acoustic guitar, if there is one forgive me, but I was just trying to think what the 60's sound would have, I hope you don't mind.

I know what it is, the lead vox needs a shadow, not a double track, but bits to thicken it out, not BVox, do you know what I mean, the lead vox sound a bit exposed.

I'm not sure the organ is necessary if you put in a strummed acoustic, panned over to the side somewhere.

It's a very good song.

Hope you find this useful

CPM

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2018, 02:17:01 PM »
Tbh. It's about 2.5 hours total now. Maybe do FAWM this year

Ahh well 2.5 hours eh! Still that's blooming good. Good luck with it if you do pompz

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2018, 05:25:23 PM »
Hey - hanks guys, and CPM - That's what this forum is all about so thank you so much for taking the time to make suggestions  :)

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2018, 06:11:33 PM »
My pleasure, Love the hat.

Thanks too for your comments on the co nushessnuss, I've put you in the song, and I have a very real image of you in the back of the Mustang with that hat on, between Cindy and Babs , on the way to the Party in the song, probably in Chicago.

CPM

MichaelA

• Stadium Tour
    • Sixth Beatle - a music themed novel by Michael A (not much about  The Beatles!)
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 11:50:41 AM »
Very good achievement - to create this in an hour...erm two and a half hours. Just think if it becomes a hit record you could be earning more per hour than say Christiano Ronaldo.

I like the song anyway, it just flows in a way that suggests it easily came to you. Sometimes songs come easy, and sometimes they are a bitch fighting against their creation. Just depends if the Muse is being kind to you I guess! This time the Force was with you!  ;D
My latest novel: pls check it out!

‘Gavin & The Bodysnatchers’, a quirky comedy crime thriller. Easily found on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09GZ7C8M7?ref_=pe_3052080_397514860

Johnnyuk

« Reply #22 on: April 29, 2018, 08:51:33 PM »
Hi John,
You did all of that in just 2 hrs?
That is a great demo!
Only thing for me was the bass guitar wasn't there or if it was i didn't hear it here.
But once you do get that in the mix that should really help to drive the song home even more.
A great demo from just 2 hrs work.

Johnny :)