• 2 Replies

Ramshackles

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • https://soundcloud.com/ramshackles
    • Ramshackles @ Facebook
« on: November 01, 2017, 07:50:24 AM »
Just seen the news from New York. 

In the wake of all these car/truck based attacks on pedestrians and cyclists I find myself wondering - why aren't we doing more to prevent access to pedestrianised zones & cycle paths?

This isn't aimed at the US but all countries in general. A simple retractable bollard could've prevented this and other attacks.

IMO, we should be doing more to ensure segregation and safety of pedestrians & cyclists from vehicles just in response to the increasing number of cars on the road. These terrorist attacks should be serving to speed up that process 100x. Yet I see/hear of very little being done.

Also - the current state of driver assistance is more than advanced enough to have minimal protection devices fit into cars. I.e just slow down to a halt when an object is in the way. Why arent we moving toward a law to make all new cars feature this (and hopefully eventually require it in all cars)

Anyway...political rant over.

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2017, 08:09:26 AM »
IMO, we should be doing more to ensure segregation and safety of pedestrians & cyclists from vehicles just in response to the increasing number of cars on the road. These terrorist attacks should be serving to speed up that process 100x. Yet I see/hear of very little being done.

In all honesty I don't think there is anything just that can be done on a global scale

I am sure "high profile" targets will get some kind of protection and key locations but it would simply be impractical to have barriers on every street in London - let alone all major cities around the world

Even if they did do this it would never prevent someone targeting a less high profile target with high casualties - e.g. School gates, shopping high street etc. etc.

Unfortunately a "lone wolf" attack with vehicles and/or weapons is the single most difficult thing to detect and prevent for the security services

the current state of driver assistance is more than advanced enough to have minimal protection devices fit into cars. I.e just slow down to a halt when an object is in the way. Why arent we moving toward a law to make all new cars feature this (and hopefully eventually require it in all cars)

I think this is definitely something that will happen over the next few years/decades - along with "driverless cars"

A car accident / collision could be consigned to history - although I wonder if the big and powerful insurance companies would welcome such a thing  ??? - or would the Illuminati stop it like they did when it was discovered we don't need oil for fuel  ;)  ;D  ;)
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 05:01:34 PM »
My question is..why are we letting people into Europe who want to kill everyone!!
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!