konalavadome

Never shave that beard

• 18 Replies

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2017, 12:38:04 PM »
I just had to post this!: “While at art school in New York, singer David Byrne, in the name of ‘performance art’, once shaved his beard off on stage with only beer for shaving foam and an accordion for accompaniment. As David Bowman reveals in his book Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa Fa: The Adventures Of Talking Heads In The 20th Century, this resulted in a great deal of facial bleeding”

I can see this taking shape - you have to be careful with list songs but I quite like the way you throw in a few curveballs like the IRS. Very clever. I’m not sure ‘revert’ is the right word, sounds slightly odd - do you mean redo / undo? Update might be a simple solution.

What do you have in mind for this? Reggae? Hip hop?

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2017, 03:43:20 PM »
If it's beards Adam,it has to be ZZ Top!  :D

Anyway,you just made me want to listen to Psycho Killer......fa fa fa fa fa....fa fa fa fa fa..

2tuoo

• Open Mic
  • Feelings are for faces and paper
    • Emotion Tunes
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2017, 08:33:13 AM »
Whoa! I went for an internet-less weekend and this song gets comments.

Thanks for all of the compliments!

Answering some questions:
the songs indeed has a melody and style in planning, its gonna be part electronic part rock

Revert - this is from my IT jargon - everything that goes back is "revert" I see the point in "Undo" and the question is to Native English speakers - which one describes best the action of going back to your profile and change the picture back to its previous form?

About the negative comment - I'm not sure what it means, or where is the negativity at all. Am I missings something? I would like to understand better - please someone, give me more details.

thanks!
Have a great day!

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 10:37:15 AM »
About the negative comment - I'm not sure what it means, or where is the negativity at all. Am I missings something? I would like to understand better - please someone, give me more details.

The negative comment was around the feeling that the content of your lyric was not "worthy" of being a song and was not deemed proper songwriting

This is a completely valid view/opinion and if it had been put in a constructive way such as "I personally don't understand why someone would write a song like this as I think songs should be ... and I don't like/connect with this particular lyric because ...." then things would have been fine

It was the negative / snobbery nature of the post that annoyed people as that is not how this forum works - members are encouraged to either say something constructive OR SAY NOTHING AT ALL (
I think some people forget about this option!  ;))

Just posting negative comments that are not constructive serve no purpose

It was nothing about your song/lyric but I hope we can all use it as a learning experience, especially our newer members
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic