Through the fall - collaboration with Wicked Deeds

• 18 Replies

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2017, 11:46:49 PM »
Hi guys,

I think this one is likely to be a grower for me. Only managed the one listen so far though.

I'm not saying I disliked it and I can't pick out anything to fault, I just don't think it's one of those songs that instantly grab me personally.

It's my type of song though so I'm sure that will change.

I'll have some more listens when I can and if I've got anything a bit more constructive to offer, I'll pop back.

Yodasdad

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2017, 11:48:32 AM »
Neil/Wicked Deeds,

This starts off so beautifully with the acoustic guitar and continues to reveal itself as a lovely, lovely piece of music. I think this is probably the best interpretation of someone else's lyrics that you've produced, Neil and it also features some of your best singing. The lyrics are great - clear and cliche free and the combination with Neil's input is sublime.

M

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2017, 02:44:39 PM »
Lovely track guys.
Lyrics are great and delivered well.
I'm not a fan of ending a chorus on the tonic but I know that's just my personal preference.
And maybe some harmonies on the second chorus?
Picky bastard now crawls back into his crevice..

Enjoyed the listen.
Paul

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2017, 07:42:55 PM »
Hi Guys. I agree with most of the above. It's a gentle slightly melancholy ode - to a lost love? I wondered if you could have done a little more with the bass and upped it in the mix, but small niggle. it's a lovely song. Great work. Micky.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2017, 07:44:28 PM by mickyplankton »