konalavadome

Panzer Division

• 13 Replies

Silver Machine

• Open Mic
« on: October 21, 2017, 09:02:45 PM »
Ok action lovers, it's WW2 and we are in a Panzer tank blitzkrieging across Europe. 

This is two guitars and a drum beat. ALL sounds except drum beat are guitar, even what you might think are sound effects are from the guitar.
Don't do many instrumentals but was confident the music talked more than words here.

https://clyp.it/5i0hrdls

Hey put your favourite film stars in it, make it a blockbuster movie.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 10:33:02 PM »
I took the ride and I believe.  :o

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 10:58:44 PM »
Jah ! Das ist fuckin mind blowing mein Capitain. You've captured that jackboot groove. I was going to listen again but my ever so sensitive ears have gone a funny colour and I need to lie down  .Keep it coming  Silver Machine  ;)

David Christy Jones

• Open Mic
  • Shaping the air into beautiful sculptures.
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 05:39:02 PM »
This deserves more replies, it's a really interesting idea.
It heavily reminds me of an interview I watched with Steve Vai about his approach to soloing.
He basically said that he closes his eyes and focuses on an imaginery scene. He referenced fighting a dragon off with his guitar. Then you just imagine everything you can about that... the heat, the sweat, the fear..... and you let your hands do the work.
I like this, a lot actually. Really unique, which in this day and age is a huge compliment.
Information is not knowledge.
Knowledge is not wisdom.
Wisdom is not truth.
Truth is not beauty.
Beauty is not love.
Love is not music.
Music is the best!

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 07:22:51 PM »
Hi Silver Machine.

I must confess I was really excited when I saw you post this song. The concept of the song is absolutely knockout. The German war machine was blisteringly effective at the outset of WW2 and the Blitzkreig was a totally unprecedented style of mobile warfare which caught the Allies completely off guard. The heavy industrial effects you have pulled off here and the middle section where presumably a tank is restarting its engines is total genius. You are absolutely right to leave words out of this. The title and especially the music/noise say it all.
I preferred the 2nd half to the first. The first section whilst great, has a slightly rasping sound which strayed too close at times to the sound effect caused by someone blowing raspberries. The mid section and 2nd half are mind blowingly awesome.
You are one of the most exciting additions to this forum since I've been on it. Want to know more about your back story......

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 08:21:53 PM »
Sweet mother of god......The tanks are comin.....

Some absolutely nuts sounds comin out of here.....If I closed my eyes....Like the other said...

Tanks, Lost of tanks, heading to do some damage...you can defo feel the energy that would be felt by the guys on their way....

Nice piece, if this was for a film section, it would perfectly create the right feel.

This track literally came into my studio, kicked me up the ass and left....oh and gave me the finger on the way out...

Nice creative work SM.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 09:05:26 PM »
Crazy stuff, Silver Machine...

Yeah... those Panzer guys were almost unstoppable... I’m just reading Max Hastings  “overlord” now and even with massively depleted forces and resources...they were still an awesome machine.

This is pretty awesome too...the only tiny negative thing that crossed my mind was that this sounds a little modern for the subject...but so what...it’s a very interesting piece of work  :)

I’d like to echo Micky’s words too...you’re proving to be a very interesting addition to the forum.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2017, 10:42:27 PM »
Well I think the Panzers just rolled through my village, flattening Chorus Cottage and Melody Mansion as they went past.
It's a new world order and I may just have to capitulate.
I'm coming out with my hands up.
Ja wohl!
It's all too beautiful.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2017, 05:14:29 PM »
Was playing this exceptionally loud in my studio and my wife came in to ask if I was alright ??? ::)??? 8)
Gotta try and figure out how to fix my speakers back to the ceiling....anyway,just loved this madness, it was awesome, then end sounded more like Nagasaki though...

fabulously put together piece of anarchy my friend :) :) :)
« Last Edit: October 23, 2017, 05:16:09 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2017, 06:32:54 PM »
Definitely conveys the mood and scenario you were going for! I preferred the guitars to the drums - I think there might have been scope for doing something more creative with the beat. On the other hand, it's short and the relentlessnesslessness has a point...

Every day for us something new, as someone once said!

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 08:02:00 PM »
Well this blew me away!! I certainly felt like I was in a war tank!! To convey a scenario so well with just guitar and drums is a talent and some! This is brilliant stuff and your ideas are very creative. Brilliant work.

Silver Machine

• Open Mic
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2017, 06:54:51 PM »
Hey, some really inspiring, positive feedback here, and I thank you.

Yeah, I mean this wasn't too difficult y'know. The blitzkreig thing is massively visual, so I just tried to play guitar like a tank. You just gotta think like a big piece of metal really.
 And the guy who said about Steve Vai's thinking, man that is totally the way I work.
I'm not a great player, but I think I gotta fast connection between imagination and guitar.

So Mickey P asked about my back story. Uh, I started a band with a chiropractor called Spinal Top ….no seriously, I've done the normal stuff, y'know copied other people, played what everyone else has been playing. Man it's boring. You gotta go it alone. Why do peeps want to sound like other peeps?

I appreciate the compliments guys.

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2017, 11:34:41 PM »
Well that was a bad idea, playing that one in bed when I'm about to go to sleep.

I feel like opening the window and picking a fight with the next poor sod that walks past now.

I guess that's mission accomplished for you then, it certainly evokes aggression and is incessantly energetic.

Pretty impressive that you managed all that with a guitar, creative.

Yodasdad

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #13 on: October 31, 2017, 10:54:27 PM »
What a ride THAT was. "Top Tank". You created a totally new genre.
That was so very good. Mental, but good :)
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now