konalavadome

Female Vocals urgently needed

• 13 Replies

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« on: October 21, 2017, 04:21:09 PM »
You'll be devastated to hear that my career as a recording artist is in jeopardy.

I can't seem to write songs for a male vocalist (which I would have a crack at even if I'm not a great singer).

I need Billie Holiday, Etta James, Gladys Knight etc etc or a mixture of all three to help me out. I've got several songs that are crying out to be finished.....so if anybody thinks they fit the bill or has a wife/girlfriend/daughter/sister/mother-in-law who fits the bill I'd be delighted to have them....my only real stipulation is that they do what I tell them to because I know best....all right I can be a bit flexible...but not too much.

I've spent a time knocking this one up (I put a little extract in the WIP section nearly 2 years ago in fact)...still needs work but getting there.

I'd love to find a singer for it....and there's more....some slow ballads, some more uptempo..

https://soundcloud.com/cramer1930/isthislove/s-IkNCR

Thanks for indulging me.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 04:31:45 PM by Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra »
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2017, 04:42:29 PM »
When you do stumble across a mix of Billie Holiday,Etta James and Gladys Knight,I can't wait to hear her,Count!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2017, 04:49:44 PM »
The track sounds great,like an upmarket 'pack up your troubles.
If your experience with female vocalists is anything like mine,when you do find a candidate,she'll want it in her key!
Chances are,if you can sing it,it's no use for a woman.
I have doubles of almost every song which has featured a lady vocal. I came to hate doing a finished project again. :D
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 04:52:01 PM by Skub »

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2017, 05:39:46 PM »
This has got such a great feel Count and incidentally I think it suits your voice.  Good luck on the vocalist search. Let us know how you get on  :)

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 05:29:35 PM »
That's a tough one, when I needed a female singer for my song 'Next World" I ended up paying for a pro,worked out really well...they do exactly what you tell them but that's because your paying them of course.....I ended up using Raquel Roberts who cost me 100USD..well worth it!

good luck mate :) :)

there's a lot here..

https://soundbetter.com/s/singer-female
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

beckylucythomas

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 11:51:54 PM »
I'll give it a go if you're still looking? Think it'd be a bit out of my norm style wise, but would make a nice challenge to try to get a bit motowny. Only, you might have to wait a little bit because my mic's broken so I'm going to have to buy something and wait till it's delivered... But I'd like to if that'd be ok!

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2017, 05:04:51 AM »
Becky, I love you! I'll PM.

Guys, thanks for showing interest (and sneaking a listen!)...yes we might have to change key...I made 4 rough versions of the last song I did with female vox.

Watch this space.
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2017, 08:31:22 AM »
Oooo this space is most certainly being watched :)

Best of luck,
Scott

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 01:21:15 AM »
What happened with this one? Did you get it finished? If not, I could give it a go. I love the song and have a lower female register.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 04:06:58 PM »
What happened with this one? Did you get it finished? If not, I could give it a go. I love the song and have a lower female register.

Can't resist it Jenna...are you up for a deep house version 'I was born under a wandering sky'..... :)

cpm

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 04:25:54 PM »
Jenna....no it hasn't moved on from this point.

I would be delighted to have you sing the song but perhaps I'd better get in touch with Becky again first.

I'll let you know the outcome.

Glad you like the song! Thanks!
Take it easy.

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2018, 06:57:12 PM »

Can't resist it Jenna...are you up for a deep house version 'I was born under a wandering sky'..... :)

cpm

Shoot me the link. I'll take a listen and let you know. The other one was Shook me Cold.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2018, 10:11:07 AM »
I'll give it a go if you're still looking? Think it'd be a bit out of my norm style wise, but would make a nice challenge to try to get a bit motowny. Only, you might have to wait a little bit because my mic's broken so I'm going to have to buy something and wait till it's delivered... But I'd like to if that'd be ok!

Soooooo happy to see you back on the forum.  I've been gone quite awhile myself.  I've always loved everything I've heard from you on this site. 

OOOOOPS:   Didn't realize how old this post was.  Still, it's nice to see that you are still around. 
« Last Edit: June 28, 2018, 10:20:13 AM by hardtwistmusic »
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2018, 10:17:34 AM »
You'll be devastated to hear that my career as a recording artist is in jeopardy.

I can't seem to write songs for a male vocalist (which I would have a crack at even if I'm not a great singer).

I need Billie Holiday, Etta James, Gladys Knight etc etc or a mixture of all three to help me out. I've got several songs that are crying out to be finished.....so if anybody thinks they fit the bill or has a wife/girlfriend/daughter/sister/mother-in-law who fits the bill I'd be delighted to have them....my only real stipulation is that they do what I tell them to because I know best....all right I can be a bit flexible...but not too much.

I've spent a time knocking this one up (I put a little extract in the WIP section nearly 2 years ago in fact)...still needs work but getting there.

I'd love to find a singer for it....and there's more....some slow ballads, some more uptempo..

https://soundcloud.com/cramer1930/isthislove/s-IkNCR

Thanks for indulging me.

For what it is worth:   I've collaborated with Viscount Cramer before, and it was a very pleasant experience.  He was an extremely cooperative and talented musician, and a complete gentleman.  I enjoyed the experience greatly, and am very proud of the song that resulted.  If you're considering collaborating with him, I'm pretty sure you will enjoy doing so. 
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.