Shopping and Dogging

• 23 Replies

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2017, 07:44:03 AM »
Yay, as soon as the first verse started I could tell we were in for a treat - a journey to a dirty garage band gig in 1978... all the energy of punk but the melodies of new wave starting to creep in.
Great in-yer-face title. Vocals sound great but maybe slightly too effects laden as I couldn't make out the words without reading them. I thought you could probably shorten it a bit for this kind of kick-over-some-dustbins-and-leave rocker, but that said my attention didn't wander at all... plenty of attitude and old skool grimey licks. Change of vocal rhythm into the chorus works a treat. Would love to hear it played ear-splittingly loud live somewhere.
It's all too beautiful.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2017, 09:40:50 AM »
Thoroughly enjoyed this one...it’s right up my street.

Super punky feel to it and catchy too...the layered vocals work really well...with a great chorus to top it off.

Excellent!

I’ll also say I really enjoyed the lead guitar and would have liked it to have been louder, in an attempt to get back on your Xmas card list   :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #17 on: October 26, 2017, 08:16:42 PM »
Paulyx
Thanks mate, we were totally going OTT on purpose as it was only supposed to be a jokey track, so we're blown away by all of the responses we've had so far, thanks for your great feedback.

PaulAds
Thanks for the great feedback, you are now back at the top of the list, I may even slip in a mince pie.

Cheers, Mikey

Mikey

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2017, 05:01:48 PM »
Yeah! Good thing you and Andy are rocking and rolling!!! Your music has very good vibrations and transmits young energy. It is good. I think people can connect easily with it! Hasta luego. Mora
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2017, 07:50:08 PM »
Yeah! Good thing you and Andy are rocking and rolling!!! Your music has very good vibrations and transmits young energy. It is good. I think people can connect easily with it! Hasta luego. Mora

Thanks Mora, its been many years since either of us were energetic, and even longer since we were called young!, glad you liked the song.

Mikey

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2017, 08:58:54 AM »
Well, as a number of notorious UK dogging spots are within a few miles of my house this one is almost literally right up my street.

Fully energetic with some nice powerful guitars, got a nice vibe to it.

Well produced as usual. If I had one small criticism it would be that I struggled to make out some of the lyrics as they seemed to be a little hidden by the music at times. Probably just my ears though so I wouldn't worry.

Right, I'm off to check my headlights are workin.

Yodasdad

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2017, 06:51:24 PM »
Hi Yodasdad,

Good to see you're back, hope the nose is ok now, and thanks for the positive comments, we know the mix is very busy, this track was meant as a bit of fun and we purposely went a bit crazy with it, so we are pleased but surprised at how well it has been received, I just hope we can keep  it up!

Thanks again, Mikey

Cmerk

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2017, 12:21:07 PM »
First song of yours I've listened to. I really dug the vibe of this! The attitude and pace of the arrangement is frenetic and fun. Even with such a busy mix, I could every element clearly.  I love the rhyme schemes and word choice. Kept my interest through the whole thing. Interweaving the chorus lyrics was super effective. My only nit is the guitar soloing seemed kind of predictable and unimaginative. Looking forward to hearing more of your stuff.

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #23 on: October 31, 2017, 07:55:47 PM »
First song of yours I've listened to. I really dug the vibe of this! The attitude and pace of the arrangement is frenetic and fun. Even with such a busy mix, I could every element clearly.  I love the rhyme schemes and word choice. Kept my interest through the whole thing. Interweaving the chorus lyrics was super effective. My only nit is the guitar soloing seemed kind of predictable and unimaginative. Looking forward to hearing more of your stuff.

Thanks, mate, great that you like the track and the production, the guitar was meant to be basic as was the whole track, it was just done as a mess around for a laugh but it turned out better than we thought. If you would like to hear some more of our stuff, check out the youtube link at the bottom of this post

Mikey