konalavadome

When we're all free - New track/Video

• 18 Replies

Wolfini

• Solo Gig
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 07:11:34 AM »
Sounds good. I especially liked the way you mixed those vocals. There are tons of effects piled on and it still sounds kind of natural. Whenever I try something like that, it sounds all wrong.

Bye Wolfi
Finished albums: wolfgangn.bandcamp.com
Recent songs: soundclick.com/wolfini

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2017, 10:24:04 AM »
Guys

Hi Yodasdad, not seen you around for a bit, hope all is well.

Thanks for the listen and feedback. Ref the mix,

Nicely produced as always. I don't know whether you're doing something a bit unorthodox or whether I just haven't been paying attention to notice it in other songs and that's how wide the drums were. The hihats right over to the left and the really wide snare. Was that a second version of the snare over on the right with just the higher frequencies left in.

Yeh Love the stereophonics, his vocal with the guitars is a winner for me.

Always go through my mix with just some simple panning on the drums, I mostly play them in on an Alesis Kit then fire all the midi to Superior Drummer 2 then I can mix every individual element.

Snares is a mix of direct micing and 3 channels of ambient channels. (overheads)

Do this on all channels, kik, toms, snares etc. Compression and EQ with some transient shaping.

Then add some saturation and compression to the drum bus.

Once the whle mix is in place, when I master I add multiband widening..also some mid/side EQ. This helps to get elements out to the edge whilst keeping the bass mostly centred.

But it all depends on what kind of vibe the track is.
Hope this helps, and feel free to fire any questions...

Hey Wolfie
Sounds good. I especially liked the way you mixed those vocals. There are tons of effects piled on and it still sounds kind of natural. Whenever I try something like that, it sounds all wrong.

Bye Wolfi

Thanks, wanted the vocals to be powerful but not sat back in the mix, Glad you liked it.

Thanks again for all those who took a listen.

Ille say it again, the standard of tracks from everyone in this forum are getting higher as we all progress.

Everyday is a school day, always learning new stuff.

Andy
ps, sorry about the war and piece..... ;D

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2017, 11:26:03 AM »
WOW, guys! This is amazingly powerful stuff and so well produced :o It really drives the point home, and as depressing as it might be, it's the reality that we've created here on this beautiful planet. As much as I like to focus on the positive, I don't want to be an ostrich either, so I like songs/videos like this and actually did one myself(I hope you don't mind if I post the link here) It's only the 2nd video I've ever done, so not nearly as good as yours ::) Thanks for sharing this very worthwhile production :)

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #18 on: October 31, 2017, 08:15:11 PM »
Cool track Suzy, nice video too, glad you liked ours

Thanks for the nice comments, Mikey