konalavadome

Voodoo Blooz - Dark Side of the Tune comp

• 36 Replies

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2017, 09:36:30 PM »
Well Mr Skub, I'm not usually a fan of songs that are based around a 12 bar pattern but this kept me interested.

That guitar is just ace! If I could play the geetar, that's how I'd want to sound.  In fact tell me what crossroads you used to obtain those skills and I'll be straight down there.

Very authentic sounding without being cheezey. Great harmonies and that break down section was a nice contrast.

A touch of the macabre works well with the blues here.

Good stuff.

Yodasdad

nooms

• Global Moderator
  • Stadium Tour
  • songwriter
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2017, 01:31:05 AM »
top marks skub
really good vocal especially in that lovely change toward the end where it really shines, neat surprise unexpected
great stuff
thought the drummer was a little buried in places, or was taking a phone call cos then hed reappear again .
such a good groove tho and it may well fall apart if you brought the drums up anyway so dont listen to me..
guitars hint of creedence & mick green and the zz man billy ? and all on good days !
really great number
i may not believe this tomorrow...

https://soundcloud.com/nooms-1

Cmerk

• Busker
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2017, 02:27:10 AM »
Hi, I'm new here. I really enjoyed the arrangement and production of this. Great vibe. BGVS are mighty tasty. Solos lays beautifully.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2017, 05:11:55 AM »
This is wonderful! I love the guitar. And the whole thing, yeah.

I have no nits at all. I just want to listen again.... ;D

Vicki

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #34 on: October 31, 2017, 11:23:53 AM »
Yodasdad

Cheers man. With the guitar you just keep playing and one day you wake up old!  :D

nooms

Yeah,drums are ever a work in progress with me,sometimes I hit on something and other times it's a more laboured affair. I do tend to have the drums play softer in some parts in an attempt to create the dynamics a real drummer would supply,maybe I didn't get it quite right,or maybe it's a mix thing?

Cmerk

Thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.  :)

CaliaMoko

Keep on listening Vicki.  ;D

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2017, 02:48:57 PM »
Really groovy!! Great feel and production to this Skub and gorgeous guitar playing as usual. That solo rocked!! OH and there's another blistering solo! Excellent playing.

Really loved this track.

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #36 on: November 08, 2017, 10:10:29 PM »
Wicked idea with fabulous arrangement, guitars and solos. You smashed it. Loved the end melody change. Lyrics, vocals and backing brilliant. Truly madly creepy n groovy.
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now