konalavadome

Winds of Change - help with lyric. (ROUGH RECORDING with *mild profanity*)

• 3 Replies

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« on: October 13, 2017, 01:32:40 PM »
Howdy y'all.
Finally, I'm getting time to finish/make tunes of an evening. I'm getting rough vocals on laptop mic for various tracks in readiness for a recording bonanza in the new year - unless my family are able to offer support so i can get things done before. Heres hoping.......!!!! If only they had the same favourite pastime, they'd understand...!!! Lol. 

Hope all's really grand with you guys.  I'll catch up some reviewing next.

---------------

WINDS OF CHANGE
https://soundcloud.com/cazrolina-1/winds-of-change-demo-wip-v2-11-10-2017-0026

ANY/ALL THOUGHTS WANTED
All critiques/ideas welcome.
- Im looking for a better line with the xxxx's. I recorded something about being out all night, but does the frustration line work?? Any better ideas?
- Bongo drums, vocal and piano very roughly laid down just with the laptop. I'll tighten these up, then i plan a key change with another chorus and to sample a wind chime sound. How exciting :)

Cheers all cx

LYRICS
heavens falling apart
dragging feet from the start
yeah
we’re self tied up and bound
for the lost and found

always flayling around
and messing about
and never paying attention
and never learning

always yearning

always running around
and *  d*cking about
xxx?? and filled right up with frustration / and brimming full of frustration / filled to the brim with frustration xxx?
and/but always yearning

CH
for the winds of change
(to) blow on through
(blow on through)
the winds of change
blow on through

then i saw you

change starts with you

* "D#cking about" is English urban slang: To do absolutely nothing constructive and be completely useless to the point where it can aggravate others, who then view the individual as being an idiot or d*ck.

INSPIRATION
I was sitting on a swing in the park with my daughter, feeling a bit frustrated with the general state of me/my house but also society in general, the crazy worldwide weather and events we're having worldwide. I want it to be so much better. We're clever enough to change things, aren't we!?!? Often things get worse before they get better, but I wrote a VERY dark poem last month about society being caged (I'll stick it in lyrics another time), then was pondering this on the swings and a really strong gust of wind blew through the park and gave me some further inspiration, and hence this track appeared.
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »
I get the idea the feeling at the trouble spot is the person feeling about ready to explode with frustration, a desperate desire to do something about the problem--or for someone to do something about it--frustrated to the point of literally vibrating with the tension of the extreme need for something constructive to be done.

Helpful words mayinclude:
explode/explosion
erupt/eruption
combust/combustion

Maybe even there's a use for
scattering fragments
mushrooming tension

And there's
burst
burst apart
detonate/detonation

Some of these may go in a wrong direction for you, but maybe something there will trigger something helpful???

Vicki

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 07:42:56 PM »
Hi!

I think you got a good song going.
The only thing I can think of for the missing line is something with 'endless nights'.

Also a more rhythmic melody part could add some contrast.

There's a lot of trouble today. In many places. It kind of brings me down.

Keep up the good work!

Martin

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2017, 12:48:26 AM »
Nice one, Vicki. Some great ideas. I liked it when you said "vibrating with tension", May well take the tension, "exploding (or similar) with tension" or something alike.  Lots of folk seem stressed these days, myself included.  Life feels so much more complicated nowadays, and needn't be. Hey ho.  Off to make myself a double chocolate soya decaf latte... Lol :) x

Thanks Martin. More great ideas. The endless idea works too. Will play with this as well. And will definitely give the rhythmic melody thing a go. I know Im often guilty of adding too much funk into things. Hope alls good with you.

Cheers
Cx
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now