I did some recording

• 4 Replies

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« on: October 13, 2017, 09:56:33 AM »
Hello

It’s been a while since I recorded anything really new...the usual culprits...work, family, gigs, etc make it hard for most of us, I’m sure...but I dug my bass and a telecaster out of storage to do a bit last night.

What a great couple of hours I had.

I tarted up “haircut, sir” the badly-titled acapella song I did during FAWM to which I added some drums, piano and guitars...I think I’d kind of neglected that one and didn’t see too much merit in it...so I was guilty of laziness with it, really.

I’m still hoping to consolidate all of my better songs into maybe three albums worth and nail them into shape enough to release them on bandcamp.

I also made a pretty decent start on a new song which I will hopefully get finished in time for the “dark side of the tune” competition.

The main thing was how much I enjoyed it...I should try to set time aside to play my guitars and get some writing done whenever I can. I’ve been neglecting it a bit lately, did a lot of remixing and recording vocals for older songs...so not been able to do much new stuff.  I dusted off the bones of a tune that I’ve had in my head for a long time now too...so that should see the light of day in a few weeks too.

It’s such a great hobby  :)

heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 09:59:29 AM »
It's great to do something brand new from time to time especially if you've been reworking older stuff.  Looking forward to your new albums Paul  :)

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 10:27:58 AM »
Really important to do it for you and not for anyone else (not that you have anything to worry about in terms of talent, creativity and general ballsiness).

I have one of those "habit trackers" and one of the six things a day I log is whether I've done any music, even 5 mins of playing something or other, and if I stick to it I really notice the difference - also to my general state of mind.

People ask me whether I'll be one of those people who won't be able cope with retirement (not that this is a realistic possibility this side of the 2066 World Cup) - flippin heck, I've got so much in mind to do that I will have no problem...

Will be listening out as always!

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2017, 11:46:12 AM »
Music keeps you sane :) :), was up till 3.30 this morning just playing around with ideas...just got up now and I'm ..you guessed it! in the studio again..luv it ;D ;D 8) 8)

best to you, Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2017, 12:07:55 PM »
Strike while the iron is hot,if it's in ya it must come out.  :)

My own circumstances will change after Xmas and I'm not sure how things will work out. Very possibly getting stuff down will become a much rarer event,which may be good for the world in general,but I think I'll go slowly mad. We'll see.

I look forward to the new stuff from you Paul.  :)