konalavadome

Cure me of my sins!

• 13 Replies

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« on: October 12, 2017, 12:25:17 PM »
I turn to you my brothers and sisters to cast out my demons and cure my of the sins that plague me.

For the past couple of months, as jeeeezus be my witness, I has been sufferin with a blockage of the nose and ears. It is the devil himself, going by the name of sinusitis.

He torments me by putting sounds into my head of wonderful harmonies but won't allow me to record them as he covers up my ears. He taunts me by playing beautiful melodies but halts me from singing them as his wretched fingers infest my nose.

He has cursed me with lameness as a songwriter and cast his evil upon my doctors, halting their cures from exorcising him..

So who amongst you has the answer?!

Which one of you will stand up and take on this abomination by prophering your wisdom?!

Who can lay their hands on their keyboard and channel the power and fury to release me?!

Yobasbab (bloody blocked node)

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2017, 01:24:10 PM »
Brother Yoda you have been in my thoughts and prayers for the last couple of months. I said unto the Lord,"why hath the Yoda detherteth uth,why doth he no longer cling to the bosom of his brothers and sisters who verily do walketh the ways of the song,sometimes in ever decreasing circles"?

And the Lord sayeth unto me,"Yoda hath become enamoured by the lure of the filthy lucre and has pulled down his barns to build bigger,yet I the Lord could require his soul from him this very hour,the fool".

And the Lord sayeth once more unto me,"Verily I shall smite him with the plague of not hearing,not smelling,not tasting and I the Lord shall further inflict him with wonderful song ideas to further torture him,after all I the Lord have eternity to punish evil doers and those who desert the way of the song,so Yoda's puny lifespan be easy-peasy,thus sayeth the Lord".

And the Lord sayeth once more again unto me,"behold,not many days shall pass before the backslidden Yoda shall return to the fold,crawling upon his belly like a serpent and he shall cast himself upon the mercy of his brothers and sisters and the High Priest Boydie,because it is here the evil demon of man-flu shall be cast out to bother some other poor bastard and Yoda shall once more walk the way of the song".

Hello mate.  :)

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2017, 05:22:37 PM »
I am so sorry! That's horrible!

You've probably tried some or all of these ideas already, but just in case:

-Drink lots of water (no quick relief, but I think it helps me in the long run)
-Eat spicy food (this provides me quick, but temporary, relief)
-Eucalyptus or peppermint oil in steamy hot water and breathe the steam (I haven't tried the peppermint yet, but eucalyptus gives me temporary relief)
-Massage your face (sometimes helps, sometimes hurts)
-Eat plain Greek yogurt (shudder! but some people like it--my choice is usually adulterated with honey and vanilla)
-Stay away from smoky places (none of the others help much if I don't do this one)

And there are lots of actual weird (to me, anyway) ideas on the internet. One is to snort cayenne pepper!!! Yikes! That would sting! Although, after a moment of thought, I can see why it might work. Still, sounds to me like it could burn your nose.

My experience is more with allergies than sinusitis, but it seems the same remedies sometimes help in both cases.

I hope you find relief very soon!

Vicki

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2017, 05:47:02 PM »
Sorry to hear that, buddy...must be a nightmare for a massively talented fella such as your good self.

I’ve always suffered from sinus trouble...I have a kink in the upper part of my nose which blocks the airways...I’m waiting on another ENT appointment to see if any treatment is likely to be of benefit.

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2017, 06:12:26 PM »
Hi brother Skub, that's an impressive vocabulary, have you been munching on a thesaurus while I've been gone?

Vicki, yes I've tried a few of those. The eucalyptus in hot water just made me cry, thanks for the advice though.

I haven't been reading posts on here recently, how's your daughter doing? Well I hope, in the circumstances. Sinusitis, it's nothing is it in the grand scheme of things.

Paulads, cheers. I've got a referral to an ENT. I thought it was a touch of hay fever back when the weather was warm, even though I don't normally suffer from it. There's no pollen around now though so, yep,its the devil.

I think I'm just going to do a stripped back song and just put it out there, snot and all. I can't mix anything so just piano and vox I think.

As Arnie would say

I need your boots, your clothes and your motorcycle.

I'll be back

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2017, 06:48:17 PM »
Hi Yoda - It can be a bad one and pretty debilitating. I had my sinuses drilled out about 15 years ago as I had persistent problem and a deviated septum (crooked nose). Sorted it out big time but amazing how much bandage they can get up your nose  ;D

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2017, 06:51:50 PM »

Thanks Pomps, I'll look forward to that then.

Yodasdad

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #7 on: October 12, 2017, 07:12:36 PM »
Holiday in warm country, up a mountain? Good luck, anyway

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #8 on: October 12, 2017, 08:22:43 PM »
I believe dairy produce can produce too much..err, mucus and suchlike and apparently adults don't need milk..maybe that's got summat to do with it..
best to you mate.. :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: October 12, 2017, 09:00:53 PM »
Has he gone?

Right,everyone hide or we'll all get this man-flu.  :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #10 on: October 12, 2017, 09:36:01 PM »
Too much mucus...Phlegm Fatale  :P
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: October 12, 2017, 09:38:02 PM »
Too much mucus...Phlegm Fatale  :P

Snot funny Paul.  :P

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2017, 12:12:09 PM »
Bogey Wonderland?
Just seen this but hope you are bearing up YD. Mrs PaulyX always give me elderflower cordial for that kind of stuff.
I'm glad you haven't left the forum anyway. You and Jenna went dark at around the same time... I was imagining you'd got a record deal in Nashville on the back of Redneck Pension. Anyway, get well soon and looking forward to more YD classics when the pipes are all clear again.
It's all too beautiful.

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2017, 09:06:21 PM »
PaulyX...ha ha, no such luck!

Nice to know you thought it was a possibility though ;)

Yodasdad