konalavadome

Working With Friends

• 3 Replies

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« on: October 26, 2017, 07:21:29 PM »
Hey hey,

I've a few friends who I've been encouraging to participate in the music's.

They've both got going the guitar and one of them at least is right up for jumping on some tracks; and we've already dabbled on a few.

Despite this great progress feel like there's a glass ceiling on confidence or will to write and record on their own - only as a group activity.

So I'm just pondering how many you lot have tried to encourage your friends to join in - and for those who have; how far did you manage to get? Have they ever become more enthusiastic that yourselves? Or was it always just something fun you did together?

Cheers
Scott

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2017, 10:40:15 PM »
Yo Scott.

There are friends and there are people you play music with,sometimes it gets to be both. I'm all for encouraging anyone to learn an instrument and be creative,kudos to you for bringing them on,however the will to flourish and stand alone can only come from the individual.

It's my belief if someone wants to use music to be creative,that's what they'll be driven to do,you can't make it happen just because they are a mate.

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2017, 02:31:49 AM »
The only people that I make music with are friends.
It's not my job. I make no money from it; I just do it for my own pleasure.
So, if I don't like the people I do it with, I get no pleasure. So yeah... only friends.