konalavadome

Darkness Falls Where Black Crows Sing, dark side of the tune entry

• 25 Replies

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2017, 11:56:08 PM »
Super sinister.  Id listen again but im too frightented, hahaaaa. (What a wimp.)
Brill black humour and the kalfu chanting was marvelously unsettling.  Eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!! Take the drums out in the odd place maybe, but brill stuff. Wonderfully weird, freaky and frightfully dark. Job done☺
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2017, 01:28:58 PM »

Wow guys, this is amazing...love it.  Atmospheric and moody, and very very dark ;D
 Lot of 'hubble bubble toil and trouble' going on there.  Excellent video, Impressive
 stuff Keith.  The whole package works so well ;D  The vocals were great.  Could easily
 imagine the crows singing...did you get into character ;D

Excellent work guys.  Arty and stylish...loved it ;D

Thanks Binladeda. We had so much fun with this. I'm glad you could tell.

Super sinister.  Id listen again but im too frightented, hahaaaa. (What a wimp.)
Brill black humour and the kalfu chanting was marvelously unsettling.  Eeeeeeeeeeeeek!!!! Take the drums out in the odd place maybe, but brill stuff. Wonderfully weird, freaky and frightfully dark. Job done☺

Really glad you found it scary and funny. We've accomplished our mission!

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2017, 11:43:17 AM »
Thanks Bin, I remember having to watch Macbeth by Polanski for my O Level English Literature with school. Must have made a lasting impression. We certainly got in character. Unfortunately the filming was in England rather than on Highway 61.

Thanks Cazrolina, I'm glad you heard the black humour. The drums represent the relentless passage of time. So much to do and so little time to do it in. Duluth to New Orleans and back and a bit of murder in between.

Keith

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2017, 01:02:12 PM »
Horror Movie Track - Extremely weird and unsettling.
Could not really make head nor tail of lyrics - but that did not seem to matter as song took you on a unhealthy dark trip - Which fitted the song competition brief very well

All I can say is 'What sort of Cheese was that' ;D

Wolfini

• Solo Gig
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2017, 11:43:14 AM »
Well I guess they don't come much darker than that. So good job for the competition theme.

I liked the production and the spooky vocals a lot.

Bye Wolfi
Finished albums: wolfgangn.bandcamp.com
Recent songs: soundclick.com/wolfini

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2017, 09:06:37 PM »
Horror Movie Track - Extremely weird and unsettling.
Could not really make head nor tail of lyrics - but that did not seem to matter as song took you on a unhealthy dark trip - Which fitted the song competition brief very well

All I can say is 'What sort of Cheese was that' ;D

If you got unhealthy dark trip, you got it. Thanks for listening.
Well I guess they don't come much darker than that. So good job for the competition theme.

I liked the production and the spooky vocals a lot.

Bye Wolfi

Thank you, Wolfi. We're in our comfort zone here in our spooky dark world. Its pretty fun. We're enjoying the ride.

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #21 on: October 31, 2017, 11:56:35 AM »
I can only echo what others have said - there is a lot going on here and it's a very impressive, atmospheric piece. The lack of melody is my only issue.

M

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2017, 04:41:28 PM »
Great title guys,
Good grove and get the psychedelic vibe.
A bit too atonal for me I'm afraid but appreciated the widescreen approach
 :)
neil   
songwriter of no repute..

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: November 09, 2017, 06:06:23 PM »
This is chilling!

Really dark and scary sound. Your vocals complimented each other great and I loved the back and forth. There's a nice mix of sounds creating that atmosphere and some very interest subtle and skilfully played guitar.

Lyrics are creepy and excellent.

Great stuff

Darren

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2017, 10:34:05 AM »
Thanks Neil, montydog and Darren.

One day I may learn to sing 3 or 4 notes and produce a melody :) Although I think a song about chopping someone's head off shouldn't really have much melodic movement. On second thoughts it may work. Something to think about for next year maybe.

Keith

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2017, 08:25:21 PM »
Thanks everyone for your comments.

As for it lacking a melody, my take was that it was like cheerleading, which I thought suited both the story of me egging him on during this heinous act, and the location of our trip. Is cheerleading as big a thing in the UK as it is here in the US? Maybe you don't have that. It's done during American style football, and it's huge in the South and Midwest, where our story takes place.

I totally understand what you're saying, though.

Thanks again,
Lynn