konalavadome

Tutankhamun's Tomb (Competition entry)

• 33 Replies

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #30 on: November 05, 2017, 03:04:01 PM »
Well, I see its already been said but as soon as the strings came in, this screamed bond theme!

Love the intro and the instrumental sections, really big, dramatic sound. If not bond, then film music definitely.

Some nice lyric choices and the story comes across clearly.

My advice though for what it's worth, go full instrumental on this and get it out there, it's made for the big screen.

Yodasdad

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #31 on: November 09, 2017, 05:53:19 PM »
Epic start! I love them drums, really powerful and moving.

This song is brilliantly produced. I thought it suited to theme brilliantly - really sets a dark scene. Great work from you as always Pompey, particularly like here how the brief has pushed you in a new direction from some of your other stuff.

Great track

Darren

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #32 on: November 15, 2017, 03:04:04 PM »
Hello John,

That is a wonderful, cinematic opening - wow. The arrangement is beautifully done - as good as anything I have heard on this forum. The vocal effect is very appropriate. I loved the instrumental section at 4.00 - very original and atmospheric. I think this would work as a purely instrumental piece - you could write a whole classical movement around this theme. Brilliantly done.

M

ScottLevi

• Platinum Album
  • Keep on Trucking
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 07:27:41 PM »
Hey John!

So we have the story of tomb builder Nebamun who was left in the tomb when the other builders were finished and went off for a beer in The Pharo's Arms and was found 3200 years or so later.

You (and Mrs Pompey) and such wonderful imaginations I'm not sure if I'm more took back by the quality & quantity of your songs based on the production effort or the fact that you can keep thinking up these great ideas. Always one to look forward to at these competitions especially; last year's Second Century Superman is still one of my fave all-time forum songs.

So no pressure this year... :P

And damn lyrically superb, great grim imagery in the first verse to set the scene and consistently powerful over the next. I like the use of 'you' and 'your' to really make us feel it, "you gasp for air" especially. Could've maybe played on this a little more; like the "onset of crazy fever" line could skip a few steps of imagination by giving the symptoms rather than diagnosis (like crazed delusions, cold sweat) - but that's just me being super picky.

Music is very daunting and you've nailed them Arabic sounds, really supports the lyrics and theme, that big drum bang is ace!

Musical outro very satisfying too.

All the best,
Scott.