Victims of Murder - Darren1664 & NamelessMC Collaboration - Competition Entry

• 24 Replies

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2017, 12:58:02 PM »
Good Stuff:

Has a bit of everything - Dark rock backing track, dark lyrics, great delivery and production.

Well done Guys - not much to add - but this is is very good.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2017, 08:31:16 PM »
Scott is in great voice here...it works very well indeed. He creates a real sense of danger.

Lyrics are brilliant and the backing sounds excellent. Mix is great too. Love the lead guitar.

A brilliant collaboration - showcasing the very best of two very nice and very talented chaps.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

crystalsuzy

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2017, 11:24:44 PM »
Excellent collab guys! a dark/horror entry for this comp :o I love it when it breaks into the full on rapping at 1:17! I would like to have heard some harmony in the chorus, but then I'm a harmony junkie ;D ;D
Love the screaming guitar that starts at 3:18! A 5:12 mins long song, but it kept my attention till the
end :o Well done guys and good luck!  :)

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2017, 12:52:49 PM »
Hi Guys,

Interesting and effective vocal style. Carries some spookiness with it.
The music is suitably edgy and spooky.
Great rocking guitars. Love the extended solo.

No idea how I'm supposed to choose someone to vote for.

Digger

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2017, 05:02:36 PM »
Guys,
Liked the loose groove, and got into the vocal style as it went on, then into a rather neat solo too
 :)
neil
songwriter of no repute..

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2017, 02:33:42 PM »
Hi all

Really pleased to see this has gone down well and I can't thank you all enough for taking the time to listen and comment. I am really pleased to hear you all like the guitar tone etc (especially nice to hear kind feedback on my solo).

A little production slip up from me. I managed to completely lose a guitar part in the intro which sits behind Scotts vocal about 36 seconds in. I need to pull my finger out and sort that really :P

Great to hear all your kind feedback on Scotts vocal. He did a fab job on this.

Regarding the drums - this is an area for lots of work. I am clueless so I just drop a loop in and record to it and don't do anything else. I am hoping in the future I can start working out proper drum beats to compliment the tracks but still early days for me with the recording business :P

Thank you all very much and big apologies I haven't yet got around to reviewing other entries. Been a little sidetracked with various things. Will get to it ASAP

Thanks all

Darren

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2017, 10:39:37 PM »
Yes. Guitars amazing. And cool, dark words with a really interesting delivery. Love the punky/indie edge then the rap. Those guitars sound sheet HOT. So good. Could add chorus/harmony to the vocals on the chorus, but you don't have to. Ooh, guitar solo. Ye-eeeeeeah. Brill. Liked this a lot and was engaged throughout. Fine collab, guys :)
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2017, 12:55:16 PM »
This is not a song it's a Greek drama! (Does anyone survive?) The recurring slicing lyric is brilliant!

I think I would have hit us harder at the beginning - maybe a bit of the later guitar wildness then take it down for the first verse? But that's just another way of saying I really enjoyed it when it picked up around 1'25".

I got a bit of a Killing in the Name Of vibe which definitely can't be bad.

Yodasdad

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2017, 01:06:22 PM »
Good colab, this works for me.

Enjoyed the ballsy guitar work and driving energy and I think your vocal style has found a home in this environment Scott.

Good work guys, I suspect there will be more to come from you two.

Yodasdad

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2017, 12:55:41 AM »
Darren,

Right up front - this is not my thing at all. Having said that, I actually quite liked it. Would Jagger rapping sound a little like this with Keef on guitar?

Musically and lyrically it's top notch but the lack of a tune hinders me from giving this the full thumbs up.

Great chord changes, great playing, great production but I don't come away humming a melody....

M