konalavadome

Love Is Bright

• 7 Replies

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« on: October 05, 2017, 10:11:06 PM »
I'm working on a "through-composed" song. The melody is done. The song is short (it can be repeated, in whole or in part, to make it long enough for a "real" song), and it reads more like poetry than a song. The melody is mostly fixed, as I composed it to accompany a prayer, the words of which I did NOT write. I want to use the melody for a more general song so it can be used in more situations.

This is the first step...a new lyric. This lyric needs one more line at the end, which will be repeated three times. I've gotten this far, but now I'm stuck, so if anyone has ideas for a wrap-up line for the end, I'd love to read them. I've included a "da da da" line to indicate the rhythm I need to match. I'm interested in both general ideas and in ideas already fully compatible with the rhythm.

I'm also interested in ideas for improvements on the lyric as it is written so far. As I mentioned, this is a through-composed song, so there is no division of verses, choruses, or bridges.

I am very grateful for all the help I get on the forum. Thanks so much for taking the time to read this! Once the words are complete, I'll make a recording so you can hear what it sounds like. I'm not 100% happy with the melodic ending yet, so I might need more input then....

Love Is Bright

Love is bright in the air
Inhale the perfume of its essence
And discover its great purpose
It can bind us together
And make us as one
Oh-oh, sisters and brothers,
We sing in harmony
Voices blended in unity.
Oh-oh-oh looooove.
We will never be lonely
We will be warmed by the heat of compassion
Our hearts enkindled with loooove.
DA da da DA da da DA daaa (x3)

Lyric copyright 2017 Vicki Morrison

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2017, 08:01:51 AM »
Beautiful poetry.  It will be fascinating to see how you set it to music.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2017, 04:59:03 PM »
Like Vernon says - what you have is quite good  ;D
Hmm hard to do with no couplet to match it to but maybe sth like:

Love lights the pathway to heaven

or

Love guides our travels through darkness

Maybe that sparks an idea?
Paul

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2017, 07:18:37 PM »
Thank you, Vernon and Paul!

That does give me an idea. Unfortunately, I didn't count my DA da da's and I am one short. :(  I need
DA da da DA da da DA daaa da da DA

The idea I'm getting from your suggestions, Paulski, is "Love is our guide through the darkness", but it needs another "da da DA" at the end of it. So sorry I wasn't paying closer attention. Still, if I let that ruminate around in my brain, something may pop up. And if anyone has any additional ideas you don't mind sharing, I'm all eyes.  ;D

Wait! Here comes a thought already: "Love is our guide through the darkness of the world."  :o That might be it. Off to the "studio".

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
This forum is AWESOME!

Vicki

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2017, 08:44:10 PM »
This was a short stint on the lyric board. I've posted the completed version on the Finished Songs board: http://www.songwriterforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=13875.0. I'd be honored if you hopped over there and took a listen.

Jackdaw

• Open Mic
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2017, 06:43:08 PM »
Thank you, Vernon and Paul!

That does give me an idea. Unfortunately, I didn't count my DA da da's and I am one short. :(  I need
DA da da DA da da DA daaa da da DA

The idea I'm getting from your suggestions, Paulski, is "Love is our guide through the darkness", but it needs another "da da DA" at the end of it. So sorry I wasn't paying closer attention. Still, if I let that ruminate around in my brain, something may pop up. And if anyone has any additional ideas you don't mind sharing, I'm all eyes.  ;D

Wait! Here comes a thought already: "Love is our guide through the darkness of the world."  :o That might be it. Off to the "studio".

I've said it before and I'll say it again.
This forum is AWESOME!

Vicki

Love is Our guide
Through the darkness and light
Inhale its beauty and being
And discover its purpose
To bind us as one
And keep us together Forever.

Jackdaw1888 :-)
« Last Edit: October 29, 2017, 06:54:29 PM by Jackdaw »
The Road to Happiness leads nowhere.
Happiness is the Road itself.

Jackdaw

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 06:55:55 PM »
Good luck with this Vicki :-)
The Road to Happiness leads nowhere.
Happiness is the Road itself.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 07:46:56 PM »
Thank you, Jackdaw! Your suggestion gives me additional ideas to add to my plan to expand this into more of a complete song, so I appreciate that. Also, I had forgotten I never locked this when I moved the song over to the "Finished Songs" board, so good reminder of that, too.  ;D