REBOUND

• 27 Replies

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #15 on: October 10, 2017, 12:44:03 PM »
Aw...I can’t believe I didn’t comment on this...I listened a while back but must have got side-tracked  :-[

Anyway...sounds great...fat and punchy. Nicely paced rocker that bounces along nicely. I liked the chord changes here and there...helped keep the interest levels right up and the lyric is neat and accessible. Maybe I’d have sneakily turned the lead guitarists amp down a little here and there whilst he was distracted...but that’s just a tiny personal thing.

Great number and the kind of thing I’d like to hear more of  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #16 on: October 12, 2017, 07:18:46 PM »
Maybe I’d have sneakily turned the lead guitarists amp down a little here and there whilst he was distracted...but that’s just a tiny personal thing.

Thats you off my Christmas card list then!

Seriously though, thanks to everyone who took the time to listen, and thanks for the great comments, glad you enjoyed it.

Mikey

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2017, 08:21:03 AM »
Yeah, great stuff, I also had the Gallagher brothers come to mind when listening but its not just a pastiche, has its own vibe too.
I really liked the percussion in the pre-choruses, and the chorus melody itself. I always feel I have to take a chorus melody 'up' to make it fly but here you take it 'down' and it just smashes it. I'm going to study this to learn why it works so well.
Nice one, our kid (<- written in a Manc accent).
It's all too beautiful.

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2017, 02:05:59 PM »
I can't believe you have any issue with your voice. That's just silly. What's not to like?!

Fun song. Had me bopping around the room.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2017, 02:16:01 PM »
Sounds like you guys had a ball.

I love the vox,btw. I think everyone has hang ups about their voice,just keep doing it.  :)

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2017, 11:46:12 PM »
Definely maybe you're rocking it!! Great sound - plus I'm back in m home town :). Fab vocals and lyrics. Brill outro. All works for me. Having another listen now. Putting my parker back on and wearing shades indoors, hehe. cx
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 04:30:52 PM »
Final, Comment from me,

Just a thanks for the vocal confidence boost, I am still trying to get comfortable with hearing my own vocal, My own worst critic.
Thanks to everyone who took a listen and some really great comments. Rock on....

I love the way each person picks out something different....its what makes us human. (oops song right there maybe....Definately)...enough already.

Now, where are those shades and parker.

Cheers guys.
Andy

jamesh

• Open Mic
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 10:38:04 PM »
Andy

This would be on Jeremy Clarksons playlist!

Yes, this hits you in the face, but with a great melody to go with it.

Vocals & harmonies are excellent as is the lead guitar work.

Really enjoyed it.

James

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2017, 03:11:28 PM »
Thanks James,

Would love to see it on a playlist somewhere, maybe I start one, then add loads from the forum.

Hoping to get a load of my stuff on spotify next year so can maybe do that on there,

Cheers

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2017, 03:43:34 PM »
Well..what a good rockin number this is!!! sounds great VERY loud 8) 8)
not hearing much bass though...
good hook mate :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: October 19, 2017, 04:01:13 PM »
Thanks KN.

When mixing its always a problem get the bass to cut through enough to translate on all systems.

Thanks for the heads up, I got a set of KRk rokit 8 and treated mixing space, ie Bass traps overhead sound absorbers, reflection treatment, , they all produce great low end but am conscious that if you dont have a system that can do this, how will it sound. Always a concern of mine.

Always striving to get that perfect master.

Glad you like the track, I always start with the Hook and write backwards, not sure if anyone else does this.

Cheers
Andy

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2017, 11:01:24 AM »
Thanks KN.

When mixing its always a problem get the bass to cut through enough to translate on all systems.

Thanks for the heads up, I got a set of KRk rokit 8 and treated mixing space, ie Bass traps overhead sound absorbers, reflection treatment, , they all produce great low end but am conscious that if you dont have a system that can do this, how will it sound. Always a concern of mine.

Always striving to get that perfect master.

Glad you like the track, I always start with the Hook and write backwards, not sure if anyone else does this.

Cheers
Andy

That's a good idea starting with the hook..might give it a go sometime,
I'm listening with Genelec 8030's and a 7050 bass bin in a well treated room..bass traps, ceiling absorbers..etc....still a little bass shy I thought...I always listen to my mixes on a crappy portable cd player before finalizing it...usually shows up a problem or 2... :)

best to you, Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
« Reply #27 on: October 20, 2017, 11:05:14 AM »
Thanks

Kev, sounds like a nice setup, normally try them in my car and a few other places, Iphone ear buds,

Crappy CD player, good idea.

Cheers
Andy