konalavadome

Selling my mic pre amp..

• 6 Replies

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« on: September 16, 2017, 03:25:55 PM »
Hi, just thought I'd mention it here before it goes onto Ebay next week..

SPL Track one  https://spl.info/en/products/channel-strips/track-one/overview.html

I'm upgrading to the SPL Frontliner  https://spl.info/en/products/channel-strips/frontliner/overview.html

these pre's are awesome !!

best, Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 03:53:39 PM »
Looks like a nice bit of kit there Kevin. I've never used a mic pre before, although I'm aware that all the pros use them. Have you got any examples of tracks you've used it on. Don't forget to tell us how much you're selling for either!
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 04:41:37 PM »
Hi Tone, gotta be honest and say I never mentioned the price because I didn't think anyone on the forum would be interested...
Ive been using it on all my songs since August 2016, using one of these things is a learning curve, it is so precise.. particularly good for guitars but you need a good mic...
one db either way in the EQ makes a load of difference.. and it's analogue of course..which is great,
built in de esser and compression are top end..
I've bought the SPL Frontline for the tube  saturation...
it's going on Ebay soon for 500GBP, I'd let it go for 450 from a forum member..it's as new, not a mark on it, no rack rash and in original box,

cheers, Kevin :)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2017, 04:44:41 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 06:08:07 PM »
I hadn't heard about the SPL Frontliner before so I had to read up on it. I have to say reading about it gets me interested enough wanting to check it out myself. Sounds like a solid piece.

I've got a Universal Audio LA-610 Mk II, and I'm too chicken to go with anything else because after a couple of years of using it I at least "pretend" (read lie to myself) that I know how it works.  ;)

How's your thoughts on the new piece?!! And what mic do you use with it? I want to know!  ;D

Cheers,

Peter

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 09:12:28 AM »
I hadn't heard about the SPL Frontliner before so I had to read up on it. I have to say reading about it gets me interested enough wanting to check it out myself. Sounds like a solid piece.

I've got a Universal Audio LA-610 Mk II, and I'm too chicken to go with anything else because after a couple of years of using it I at least "pretend" (read lie to myself) that I know how it works.  ;)

How's your thoughts on the new piece?!! And what mic do you use with it? I want to know!  ;D

Cheers,

Peter

Hi Peter, the SPL Track one is awesome, been using the SPL Frontliner for a week and it is even more awesomer!! just a beautiful sound...there is so much tweaking available before committing to record, the Frontliner is a bit over the top for a home studio but, what the Hell ;D I spend all my  free time here ;D ;D 8) I use a Shure KSM 32 mic, which is a good all rounder..

cheers, Kevin :)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 09:18:55 AM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2017, 06:21:04 PM »
Thanks Kevin!

And just FYI...

a bit over the top for a home studio

...there's no such thing!

;D ;D

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2017, 06:43:45 PM »
Thanks Kevin!

And just FYI...

a bit over the top for a home studio

...there's no such thing!

;D ;D

OH!! so I'll be buying that 24 Track SSL desk then  ;D ;D ;D 8) 8)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 06:49:56 PM by shadowfax »
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!