Ludo Drove the Van

• 29 Replies

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2017, 05:07:06 PM »
I voted for Brexit, after hoping for a chance to get a vote on it for over 20 years...and I would absolutely do so again, even if I had to crawl over broken glass to get to the polling station  :)

That doesn't make you an idiot, you just did an idiotic thing IMHO. Oh dear, what have I started. Everyone entitled to their own opinions and so on and all meant with lots of love and respect. :)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2017, 05:30:23 PM »
That's Democracy, folks  ;)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2017, 09:41:59 PM »
Subtly done and not too in your face -  The songs jolly feel hides a powerful message/opinion with good  story telling - theres no need to know what it is about for it to be enjoyed.

Viscount Cramer & His Orchestra

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2017, 10:13:05 PM »
I'm with Adam on that guitar sound in the opening verse.....ok so this is only a rough.

So....song is fine, not knocking me out like RamRaid yet but the potntial is there...the chorus is a good one (like RR) with a lot of appeal.

My initial thoughts were/are....get rid of verse 4 and quicker into the second chorus....echoing Neil a bit but I would strike out this verse altogether. I know it has its use as a conclusion to the story lyrically which makes it a tough one. Bridge and concluding chorus just right.....nothing really wrong with having that 2 verse chorus 2 verses chorus either......I just want my chorus earlier second time around!

There that's my view...not a lot of bloody good to you, is it?
Take it easy.

You can check my stuff out here. Mini-album getting bigger slowly. Free download if you're poorer than me.

Easy Life - Viscount Cramer

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: September 15, 2017, 12:23:33 PM »
Hi Pauly,

I listened to this several days ago, started commenting, and got distracted. So, now it's days later, and it's still a memorable song and story. That's probably all I need to say. It's one that stays with you, and makes you think.

JoeAntaine

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: September 15, 2017, 02:47:49 PM »
Love the feel, instrumentation, laddie vocals. Charming lyrics. My only complaint would be to tighten up the form up a bit. Maybe a little more editing needed.
Bar that, full of character, touchy, nice. Well done.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2017, 09:22:48 AM »

Love it Paul ;D  Fantastic lyrics....you have a gift my friend.  Just love the sentiment here.
 All wrapped up in a heartwarming story.  Nice vocals, reminded me a bit of Bowie in places.

I thought the production was a bit lacking.  I know this is just a demo, but I thought it could
 do with a bit more depth,  it's all sparkle and presence atm....still sounds good though ;D

Excellent work mate....

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Threepwood

• Busker
« Reply #22 on: September 21, 2017, 10:30:47 AM »
I must say there's a lot of talented people here on the forum with a lot to offer. It's way better than listening to the radio in my country.
This reminds me of Brian Eno or David Bowie in the Hunky Dory days. Odd'n'catchy. Very catchy and enjoyable singing melody that sticks with me after just one single listen. Was kinda hoping for a short la-la-la- chorus at the end, but it seems like you know what you're doing:)
Cheers! I enjoyed this!
Happiness is a warm manatee

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: September 22, 2017, 02:33:55 AM »
Hi Pauly

What a great song.
Politics is lost on me out here in the colonies but those lyrics are amazing IMHO.
Some really clever rhymes and phrases.
Love the tempo and the catchy chorus.
Polish away I say  ;D though I don't see any dull spots.

Paul

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2017, 11:03:08 PM »
Thanks a lot for the further input on this one guys.  Plenty to weigh up and take account of when we start recording and mixing this one properly, and everything you guys have noted makes sense.  Very grateful.
It's all too beautiful.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2017, 05:35:06 PM »
Well this made SOTM it's current state so that says everything really :P

It's a great catchy song with intelligent lyrics. It's what I have come to expect of you and you don't disappoint :P ...just waiting for the album!

Great stuff Paul

Thanks

Darren

skogge

• Open Mic
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2017, 09:43:54 AM »
Catchy little gem with a clever take on a difficult topic. I would definatly dance (jump around) to this. The Frank and Walters came to mind and if thats not a seal of approval I dunno what is! :D

Wicked Deeds

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2017, 04:06:55 PM »
Great song.  I think you’ve developed this really well.  I first saw the title and thought it was a great title for a guy who drove a getaway van in a robbery.  Obviously it’s about something quite different.  Super song my friend! I guitar solo, to compliment your production would be great. Well done.

Paul

moraamarolaloba

• Stadium Tour
    • Mora Amaro La Loba
« Reply #28 on: October 26, 2017, 07:11:28 PM »
Hi Pauly, your song has made me have a good time, despite the very real lyrics. It brings to mind many reminiscences of styles and groups, is normal, I think many of us here have heard the same Time.
At first, I thought it was going to be one way but then, when the rest comes in, I already felt comfortable there.
The letter has made me think that the world easily forgets the past even if it is present, if it were not so, nothing of the bad of this past would happen again, but everything repeats itself, repeats itself, repeats itself... But, now there is your song here, a very good song.
Mora

(Thank you for visiting my song).
I did not know that to live we had to die so many times
My Youtube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCAaK7mFK7fUpf1E99I1Qtow

LostBoy

• Platinum Album
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2017, 10:51:25 PM »
Hello mate,

This is a great tune, I love your vocal delivery, the lyrics are perfect imho! The chorus is my fave bit though. It’s just fab! I kind of wanted more of it quicker if that makes sense? If it was my tune I might play around with shortening that second verse & getting back to the really good stuff.

I love it though! Great job!