konalavadome

Rude to stare

• 27 Replies

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2017, 11:32:37 PM »
I like the new rock version a lot. Very cool transformation. You have a really fresh sound. I didn't listen to the pop one because of the link, but if you put it on SoundCloud, I'd like to check it out. What a cool thing to have 3 versions.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2017, 11:19:24 AM »
The riff would be better played on electric as others have said...song has potential but production is a part of the whole songwriting thing nowadays and you should practice more so your not making mistakes during recording... :) :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2017, 10:52:03 PM »
The riff would be better played on electric as others have said...song has potential but production is a part of the whole songwriting thing nowadays and you should practice more so your not making mistakes during recording... :) :) :)

Oops, actually there is a link to a brand new version at the bottom of page 1 but I guess it's easily missed.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2017, 08:41:28 AM »
So..had a listen to the rock version..shades of Transvsion vamp I reckon...rock version is better in my humble opinion.. :) :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

mickyplankton

• Platinum Album
« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2017, 01:13:31 PM »
This song (and the thread that goes with it) represent what is so amazing about this forum. Huge cudos to everyone involved. With the greatest of respect to the original version, the Rock mix is just a totally different beast entirely, and it just goes to show that a song can indeed be transformed by different interpretations, mixes and collaborations. Well done all.

MartynRich

• Stadium Tour
    • Personal website
« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2017, 08:30:27 PM »
Guys, I´m sat here with a maaaaaasssssive smile on my face. God I´ve missed the forum  ;D

This is a quality fun song! And John, you´ve done wonders with it man! It´s mad and all over the place, but the riff and the chorus just give it some crazy, chaotic fun vibe that´s hard not to love. I don´t know how to write a detailed piece on it because I just like it raw. Maybe it could do with some more production on the voice...but nah. Leave it as it is!

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2017, 03:46:44 PM »
I'm always amazed at the vision some people have - I couldn't have seen this as a rock song at all. The riff feels a bit atonal for my personal taste but the driving chorus parts complete with Suede-esque twiddles sound awesome. Congrats to farmer exfairy for the ingredients and Chef PompeyJazz for producing a showstopper dish...

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2017, 06:09:20 PM »
Yay!
Definitely prefer the rock version, I think it sounds uber cool.  Reminds me of the band Veruca Salt.  Those weird atonal chords on your uke demo were just crying out for a treatment like this.
Good original composition and Pompey Jazz demonstrates his wizard-like transformational powers yet again.
It's all too beautiful.

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2017, 10:42:25 AM »
I think this is smash hit material.

Not that I know anything about what people want...but I do think they should want this.

I think the vocal is fab and has a wonderfully stylish delivery...especially on the “from a loser to a winner” line...but all through, really.

John’s done a fabulous job realising the potential of this and produced a masterpiece.

Congratulations to both of you  :)
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Petebrennan

• Busker
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2017, 07:22:41 PM »
Great track
Love the rock influence on the ukulele
Hard instrument to master but worth it in the end
Keep up the good work

Almosthumanrobot

• Busker
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2017, 07:28:00 PM »
Wow, this is amazing. First time on this forum and seeing this post makes me really excited to be part of this communtiy. The development of this song is really amazing. The rock version is really nice to listen to, nice verse and really upbeat.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 11:39:46 AM »
Hi,
inspire of my dislike of the Uke ( its a long story involving the Isle of White Youth Ukulele Orchestra blocking my access the real ale tent I like this.
Good title, the riff is great ( song 2? ) and the lyrics a too - love the thinner line.   
Keep it up
 :)
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

exfairy

• Busker
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2017, 05:19:49 PM »
I haven't been on in a while and completely missed all these comments - I was busy moving back into uni and getting started on my course. Also had a few tech issues with SD cards then the inevitable freshers flu... ANYWAY.
Thanks for all the kind comments! I've had a listen back and reading your comments, I think I've grown more of a liking to the rock one now haha. Could maybe do with some harmonies but I'll see what happens. I'll be uploading a better acoustic version to my YouTube channel sometime now that my SD card's fixed (so er, if you wana go and check that out, that'd be great  ;)).

Well, here's a link to the pop one: https://soundcloud.com/exfairy/rude-to-stare-005/s-IKI1F

I'm baack! :)