Hello from my haunted house

• 4 Replies

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« on: August 27, 2017, 11:33:05 PM »
Hi everybody,

I'm Lynn. I'm from Newport, RI USA. I'm in a band called Faraway my Lovely. We play weird music for our own enjoyment. We are recording an album (LP because we're nerds), self produced, engineered, and financed, which we'll probably press the bare minimum of, so we're not stuck lugging lots of boxes around when we move to our next haunted house.  ;D

I write songs about all kinds of things. They sometimes come in dreams. They sometimes are just words to fit in a chord progression. They tend to write themselves. If I get stuck, I take a nap. It never fails.

We collaborate with the amazingly talented Hull Soul Collective, who you might know as diademgrove or Keith. We mostly play guitars and synthesizers and I do the singing. At the very least, we are enthusiastic and try to let ourselves come out in our music. At the worst, we're having too much fun. It's just lovely!

Thanks for reading all this. This looks like a fun forum,

Lynn

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 11:55:04 PM »
Welcome Lynn

I am intrigued (and genuinely interested) in the haunted house!!!!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 12:41:41 AM »
Welcome Lynn

I am intrigued (and genuinely interested) in the haunted house!!!!

Haha. Well, if you knock on the wall three times, they might knock right back. Three times. Luckily they're not very scary. They pull pranks like turning all the pictures on the walls, while we're in the room, which causes us to make some Three Stooges kind of noises and then laugh. We find them very amusing. Actually, they have gone pretty quiet lately. They were more active when we first moved in. They must be used to us now. Or we're used to them.

diademgrove

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2017, 09:35:48 AM »
Welcome to the forum Lynn,

Boydie's post reminded me of this song by a local Hull group called Black Kes. Enjoy

Keith

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2017, 12:35:14 PM »
Welcome to the forum Lynn,

Boydie's post reminded me of this song by a local Hull group called Black Kes. Enjoy

Keith

That was fun. Hopefully the clown under the bed won't give me nightmares. Haha.