konalavadome

Open Mic Practice Session 1

• 19 Replies

Cazrolina

• Open Mic
    • Instagram:
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2018, 11:33:39 PM »
Great thread, and some awesome advice.

Well done Darren. Great work and performance. My foot was tapping throughout. Fab lyrics and lovely guitar. 
I haven't had the guts to take the plunge yet. But I did once give a talk at work for a conference for 80 people. Once you get your groove going, the nerves will just melt away.  You are doing something you love, and the folks will feel it.

Whats that phrase form that old book "who moved my cheese'.  (google search pause...)   Aha. Got it.

"What would you do if you weren't afraid..." 

Just go for it :)
Caz
AlphaLine

Debut EP ‘Polarity’ out now.
Listen here: https://www.alphalineband.com/press-1/polarity-out-now

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2018, 03:40:10 PM »
Thanks Darren. Justin's contest is still going on. You should enter. You just submit a solo song, cover or original. It's on his forum in the audio or video of you playing/ contest area. He's considering ending the Skype lesson prize, but as of now, I think he's still giving that. But yeah, he's awesome. We had a good talk, and my guitar playing has noticibly improved since the lesson.

Lynn

I know I've messaged you since Lynn but again thank you for the advice and encouragement! Glad to hear your guitar has improved!!

All the best

Darren

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2018, 03:43:31 PM »
Great thread, and some awesome advice.

Well done Darren. Great work and performance. My foot was tapping throughout. Fab lyrics and lovely guitar. 
I haven't had the guts to take the plunge yet. But I did once give a talk at work for a conference for 80 people. Once you get your groove going, the nerves will just melt away.  You are doing something you love, and the folks will feel it.

Whats that phrase form that old book "who moved my cheese'.  (google search pause...)   Aha. Got it.

"What would you do if you weren't afraid..." 

Just go for it :)

Thanks Cazrolina! Really nice to hear and I'm glad to have got your foot a tapping :)

It's been really great to get the positive feedback I have on this video, as well as lots of great advice and encouragement! I don't think I am far off taking the plunge now. Hopefully by the end of the year :P I will let you all know how I go if I do

and I think you're right. Once I get past that initial fear and settle into the groove I'm sure I will have the time of my life. Must be such a buzz performing for others.

Thank you very much for taking the time to listen and comment! :)

Darren

Mike67

« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2018, 04:29:31 PM »
Listened all the way through and the songs and performance are great. Went along to hundreds of open mic nights when I was in Liverpool; mostly to take pictures, and you're definately up there. Great songs and I love the voice. The confidence will follow.

Johnnyuk

« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2018, 09:04:34 PM »
Hi Darren,
You did a great live performance in this video 100%.
Yes you were nervous early on but you have to remind yourself to say fek em to the haters if they don't get you or your song. :)
You are a very very talented musician and vocalist which your video clearly proves.
So keep on doing what you do, stay creative and keep singing!
Johnny :)