The FACE of ELEANOR

• 43 Replies

Jackdaw

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2017, 06:30:22 PM »
Silence???
Hmmm???

I will await mister Paul Ads reply till Doomsday if needs be.
But I will offer him a challenge...

Please write and then post FOUR songs okay?
My 4 songs have had over 5267 views and many many compliments along the way.

I now await yours?

Regards
Jackdaw1888 :-)

Remember...
A Shallow brook will oft' babble the Noisiest as they say?
« Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 06:35:31 PM by Jackdaw »
The Road to Happiness leads nowhere.
Happiness is the Road itself.

Jackdaw

• Open Mic
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2017, 06:47:42 PM »
Actually my tally now is 5,288.
Which means that you have to get atleast 1,322 hits come views re your offerings of 4 lyrics/songs.

Can you do it?
Ha Ha ... Jackdaw1888 :-)

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2017, 07:30:22 PM »
Hello Jackdaw  :)

You write good lyrics.

I'm not a particularly competitive person and that isn't why I visit the forum. I'm interested in writing and enjoying what others write.

I've probably written upwards of 20 songs in the two years or so I've been a member here...as well as quite a few lyrics...but I have no idea how many views they've had. Those songs and lyrics are all kicking around the forum if you want to read any of them.

best wishes

Paul
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Jackdaw

• Open Mic
« Reply #18 on: October 15, 2017, 08:32:39 PM »
Hello Jackdaw  :)

You write good lyrics.

I'm not a particularly competitive person and that isn't why I visit the forum. I'm interested in writing and enjoying what others write.

I've probably written upwards of 20 songs in the two years or so I've been a member here...as well as quite a few lyrics...but I have no idea how many views they've had. Those songs and lyrics are all kicking around the forum if you want to read any of them.

best wishes

Paul

Best Wishes.
Kind Regards.
Good luck re your Lyrics matey.

Carl Anthony

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #19 on: October 15, 2017, 08:47:43 PM »
Cool  8)

Cheers!

Paul
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Vandayay

• Busker
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2017, 11:18:01 PM »
Hi Jackdaw

I'm composing music for your lyrics. I would like to add a middle 8 so do you think you could write a mid section after the 2nd chorus that breaks the format please?

Thanks

Andrew

Jackdaw

• Open Mic
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2017, 01:09:21 AM »
Hi Jackdaw

I'm composing music for your lyrics. I would like to add a middle 8 so do you think you could write a mid section after the 2nd chorus that breaks the format please?

Thanks

Andrew

Hiya Andrew.
And many many thanks for your interest and enthusiasm re my lyrics/words.

As for your request I will have a think and see what I can come up with ok?

However I may have to personally message you or email you as it has recently been 'suggested' that I myself merely post on here in efforts to 'bump' my songs up the ratings and keep them at the fore come top of the page???

Kind Regards

Ps...
I will gladly send you my email address

Oldbutyet

« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2017, 05:30:09 AM »
Hi Jackdaw

Thanks

Andrew

Hiya Andrew.

However I may have to personally message you or email you as it has recently been 'suggested' that I myself merely post on here in efforts to 'bump' my songs up the ratings and keep them at the fore come top of the page???

Kind Regards

Ps...

Jack get over yourself will ya, Andrew composing music for your lyrics but already you're sounding like you dont give a  ::)

Kind Regards whatever  8)

Jackdaw

• Open Mic
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2017, 02:30:41 PM »
Hi Jackdaw

Thanks

Andrew

Hi Andrew.
I have decided to PM you re the above.

Cheers

Jackdaw

• Open Mic
« Reply #24 on: October 17, 2017, 03:18:50 PM »
Hi Jackdaw

Thanks

Andrew

Hiya Andrew.

Kind Regards

Ps...

Jack get over yourself will ya, Andrew composing music for your lyrics but already you're sounding like you dont give a  ::)

Kind Regards whatever  8)

? ? ?

Jack :-(

Jackdaw

• Open Mic
« Reply #25 on: October 17, 2017, 05:24:26 PM »
Hi Jackdaw

Thanks

Andrew

Cheers for your PM back Andrew and indeed your advice.

I would prefer a guitar solo medley re the Mid 8 but at short notice I have just come up with this...

Eleanor Eleanor I cry out your name
Eleanor Eleanor please stay and remain
You dry out my tears
An' ease all my fears
And your lovin' just soaks me like rain

« Last Edit: October 17, 2017, 05:36:09 PM by Jackdaw »

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2017, 08:19:20 AM »
Hey JACKDAW

I sent you a polite, private,  warning about bumping your posts

Rather than reply privately and have a meaningful discussion you decided to bump your thread again with a "passive aggressive" post:

This was then followed by a number of subsequent "bumps" to your thread (defined in this case as consecutive posts by the original poster)

Please take this as your final warning as this constant "bumping" and "passive aggressive" nature does not fit well with the community feel we have spent many years trying to establish here

I completely understand your eagerness to post (which I do encourage) and I am really pleased for you that you have found someone to collaborate with to put your excellent lyrics to music - and I am personally interested to hear the final product

However, I can't risk the smooth running of this forum so could I please request that you:

- think carefully before posting
- refrain from bumping your own posts (to make it clear I will request that you wait until at least 2 other people have made comments before responding)
- have discussions about collaborations via private message/email with collaborators rather than continually bumping your own threads

This is not to get at you in any way - it is simply not fair on other people to have the same thread at the top of the lyrics section all the time

I am ALWAYS happy to discuss things and, prefer to do so in private, but you did not respond to my private message so I had no option than to post in this thread

If there is no change in your posting habits I will have no option and will need to lock your threads either temporarily or permanently to be fair to everyone

As I have said - this is nothing personal and I really do appreciate your eagerness to post and contribution to the forum (we have all got carried away at times) so I hope you can understand why I need to balance this with fairness to others

Thanks

Boydie

Ps - the irony of me bumping this thread to warn you about bumping this thread is not lost on me  ;D  ::)  ;D
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Jackdaw

• Open Mic
« Reply #27 on: October 18, 2017, 05:34:03 PM »
Hey JACKDAW

I sent you a polite, private,  warning about bumping your posts

Rather than reply privately and have a meaningful discussion you decided to bump your thread again with a "passive aggressive" post:

This was then followed by a number of subsequent "bumps" to your thread (defined in this case as consecutive posts by the original poster)

Please take this as your final warning as this constant "bumping" and "passive aggressive" nature does not fit well with the community feel we have spent many years trying to establish here

I completely understand your eagerness to post (which I do encourage) and I am really pleased for you that you have found someone to collaborate with to put your excellent lyrics to music - and I am personally interested to hear the final product

However, I can't risk the smooth running of this forum so could I please request that you:

- think carefully before posting
- refrain from bumping your own posts (to make it clear I will request that you wait until at least 2 other people have made comments before responding)
- have discussions about collaborations via private message/email with collaborators rather than continually bumping your own threads

This is not to get at you in any way - it is simply not fair on other people to have the same thread at the top of the lyrics section all the time

I am ALWAYS happy to discuss things and, prefer to do so in private, but you did not respond to my private message so I had no option than to post in this thread

If there is no change in your posting habits I will have no option and will need to lock your threads either temporarily or permanently to be fair to everyone

As I have said - this is nothing personal and I really do appreciate your eagerness to post and contribution to the forum (we have all got carried away at times) so I hope you can understand why I need to balance this with fairness to others

Thanks

Boydie

Ps - the irony of me bumping this thread to warn you about bumping this thread is not lost on me  ;D  ::)  ;D

Greetings Boydie.
I hope you are well.

May I offer that I did not feel that your email nor your PM warranted a reply nor indeed asked for a reply?
Apologies if that offended you in any way.

However, moving on, I am now fully aware of Your instruction NOT to post on any of my Lyrics or submissions until atleast TWO others have made comment.

Kind Regards
Jackdaw

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #28 on: October 18, 2017, 07:22:09 PM »
Thanks JACKDAW

It is absolutely fine and there really is no problem

A response was not necessary but when you made a comment in this thread and then bumped it again I thought it would be best to intervene and clarify the guidelines

No offence was taken by me and the best thing about this forum is that very few people bear any grudges as most of us have made errors or got carried away with posting

I am sure that there will be no further issues and I hope your song works out with VANDAYAY - I can't wait to hear the finished product!!!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

Jackdaw

• Open Mic
« Reply #29 on: October 18, 2017, 07:30:42 PM »
Thanks JACKDAW

It is absolutely fine and there really is no problem

A response was not necessary but when you made a comment in this thread and then bumped it again I thought it would be best to intervene and clarify the guidelines

No offence was taken by me and the best thing about this forum is that very few people bear any grudges as most of us have made errors or got carried away with posting

I am sure that there will be no further issues and I hope your song works out with VANDAYAY - I can't wait to hear the finished product!!!

Thankyou Boydie.
Me too.
The 8 bar I offered is prob the bestest lines I have ever wrote.

But maybe the second line should read ...
Eleanor Elearnor you drive me insane...

Regards