Fool's Paradise. (A forum collab)

• 26 Replies

Oldbutyet

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2017, 09:32:01 PM »
Truly great job done guys and Jenna, good luck with the submission.

Its been really a great fun journey but sorry guys i have a question, i got a bill for the limousine who do i send it to   ;D   ;D

Binladeda.

And Pat?

Don't hold yer breath.  :D

I ain't giving it back Davy, its mine and im keeping it, are you hearing this Binladeda   ;D   ;D

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2017, 11:35:09 PM »
Jenna if you have iTunes on your pooter it will convert wav to mp3.

Thanks, Davy. I just need to make sure it's a radio-ready MP3.

I also need the names of all of the writers - so if anyone wants credit for their contributions, please PM me your nom de guerre so I can add it to the list!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 11:43:12 PM by Jenna »

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #17 on: August 21, 2017, 12:52:42 AM »
Hi guys

Well this was fun - never collab'd with a group before  ;D ;D
I did have thoughts like the pompster early on in the process, that it lacked focus - but as things progressed I realized it wouldn't sound like a group effort it sounded like sth one of us wrote it individually, so I came to accept and like it for its "everyone's all in" approach.

Boydie - thanks so much for your time doing the mix and master - and great job there. I esp liked the break where it strips things back - it needed that. And seems you fixed all my timing issues  ;D

One minor thing - the first two times I sing "Spirit" I'm sharp on the first syllable (I think) Can that be fixed? Boydie says: "Bugger off Paulski - do you know how much time I already spent on this?  ??? ???"

Good luck pitching Jenna and thanks for starting us all down this winding path.
Bin and skub - well you know what I think of your talents so I won't make your heads bigger by more praise  ;D And Pat - what would we do without your personality?   ;D

Cheers all  ;D ;D
Paul

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #18 on: August 21, 2017, 12:28:30 PM »
Nice work everyone - I have to say I feared a bit for the project at times as I followed the discussions but I think the final product has turned out really nicely. Maybe not as daring as an individual project could be (normal for  a group production) but great piano and guitars and two great lead vocals (and mix) make this a really listenable and feelgood track.

Sing4me88

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2017, 08:51:58 PM »
Kudos to all involved in this collab from Jenna with the initial lyric that birthed the idea/song through to Boydie for the stellar mastering job he's done in adding that extra bit of va va voom to the track. I've been keenly following the development of this collab and I'm delighted to see it all come to fruition as a really bouncing wee country number that gets the toes tapping. After the slow intro those toms in the close of the intro had me hooked and it doesn't take long for the song to pick up after it. The chorus has a real 'big' chorus feel to it and its a powerful vocal performance and a very clever vocal topline that really draws out the key words like 'dancing', 'spirit', 'night' etc.

The bridge adds a new change in direction with the more prominent drum (toms again or is it bass/kick?) and the guitar in the background as the piano slowly comes in at the end of it and continues through into the close of the song - there's certainly plenty going on here in the bridge though it feels nicely stripped back in contrast with the vibrance and energy of the rest of the song

This has a good old fashioned country feel to it and while I have to be honest and say I'm not really sure which contemporary country act it is likely to appeal to or sound like I do think it is in a very strong position to be taken on as a TV/film placement. Good luck with the pitching process folks and well done again.

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: August 23, 2017, 08:58:18 PM »
This track is so much fun and my hat off to all involved. I think you've done a fab job here, the vocal performances are superb!

Can I just clear up one thing - I did nothing to help you all with this :P I appreciate the recognition but all I really did was side track with my own project (which I'm still working on...lyrics from Verlon) and give empty promises of helping out!

I loved the initial idea. A song for the drinker and it's been fun following the progression of the lyrics and, although some say it lacks direction, I really appreciate how you managed to edit down and steer the lyrics to fit with the music.

The music reminds a little of Eric Clapton. The guitars have that bluesy shuffle (is that the right term?) that get you foot tapping early on. The more I listen the more I pick out bits I didn't hear on previous listens. There's a lot of work gone into this and for me, it's a great result. The production and mix is top quality.

Again, them vocals are superb and nice to hear the distinctive voices of Paul and Skub. Group collab nailed! Well done all involved (except me, because I wasn't involved :P)

Oh and good luck Jenna with the pitching :)

Darren

jacksimmons

• Solo Gig
    • Jack Simmons Music Facebook Page
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2017, 11:29:56 PM »
Wow, there's so much new stuff on this forum. I love how productive everyone is - away for a few months and hundreds of new tunes to listen to.

I really like this. It's fun and cool. Really like the vocals, they have real character. And the honky tonk piano is great, too. Although this is the product of so many minds, it feels like a cohesive piece. That's probably real rare for a collab to come together so perfectly.

Production is beautiful. Everything is crisp and clear. Don't have much to say in the way of constructive criticism. It's not a genre I usually listen to, but it does what it says on the tin. Perfect example of rockabilly fun.
Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/jack-simmons-1/albums
Bandcamp: https://jacksimmonsmusic.bandcamp.com/

"When I play a dope melody, anything less than the best is a felony." - Robert Matthew Van Winkle

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2017, 12:36:26 PM »
Hi all

This is a great Collab, love all the influences in there.

Bouncy little soundtrack with all the little fills to keep my interest, really good work.

Vocals were spot on for the style and Genre, they had a cool vibe too, again, great work.

Some fancy guitar and keys work in there too.

For me a really good listen, well done to all involved

All wrapped up with a great production.

Good work. I can appreciate the time and effort that went into this.

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2017, 01:56:34 PM »

Pleased to see that this has gone down so well.  I've been 'living with it' for
 about a week now, and it ticks all the boxes ;D  Very catchy, can't help but move
 something to it ;D Melodies and hooks are great ;D ;D I think Boydie has done a
 fist class job...love the mix, especially the intro and the break. They take the song
 up a level.

Love the vocals.  I think you both sing together fine. Like the way Paul 'leans in' and
 Skub sort of 'leans back'.....works well ;D  And the piano....initially I thought that it
 shouldn't be in this type of song, but it works......and it works so well ;D ;D  So much for
 rules... I did put a slide track together for this, but decided against it, as it didn't add
 anything, and it competed with the piano, and I wasn't going to have that ;D ;D It's the
 star of the show for me, and anything else would be too much....

Good luck with the pitching Jenna.  I'm not really interested in the credits (maybe you could
 mention the forum?) but if there is any coin to be made....I'll send you my details ;D ;D

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2017, 03:03:31 PM »
Jenna,

Import as a wav then export as Mp3 Like Mikey mentions, set the bitrate at the highest (320)

Should be fine.

OR I would download the WAV and upload that to Soundcloud, I never use Mp3.

Hope this helps
Andy

montydog

• Stadium Tour
  • http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h40/montydog1/Me
    • Reverbnation
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2017, 03:55:42 PM »
Holly smokes! I nearly missed this....

If anything sums up the positive support and mutual assistance that this forum provides, it's this song. It's a riot from start to finish with some lovely parts from all concerned. I can imagine this as the last song played at the end of a tribute concert with everyone joining in and taking the final bow.

Wonderful

M

Ashes for Dreams

• Busker
    • Official Homepage
« Reply #26 on: September 09, 2017, 09:56:09 PM »
Rock it's way through the 3.34 in a great way. Some really good performances, both vocals and instruments.  Very enjoyable and great energy. Sort of Band Aid on steroids  ;D
A great collab boys & girls!
ashesfordreams.com
soundcloud.com/ashesfordreams
facebook.com/ashesfordreams
youtube.com/channel/UCB4f9GngKS_mhLKyk5Nptnw