Fool's Paradise. (A forum collab)

• 26 Replies

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« on: August 19, 2017, 02:35:20 PM »
This song had it's origins in a thread started by Jenna,back in late June of this year.

Jenna,Oldbutyet,hardtwistmusic,Darren1664 worked hard on the early stages of the song,before Bin,Paulski and I joined to spoil it all.  :D

An instrumental track was supplied by Binladeda,then the job began to make lyrics and track work together. Bin asked myself and Paulski to undertake vocal/piano/guitar duties.

It's a tribute to the lovely folk on the forum,that no one threw a hissy fit,even when the song perhaps took an unexpected direction...or two.  :D

Boydie kindly volunteered to do the final mix and master,for the same wages Bin paid the rest of us. :P

It's a Rockabilly Riot. Enjoy.  :)

Thanks to Jenna,Pat,Verlon,Darren,Bin and the two Pauls for allowing me to join the fun,it's been great...at times.  :D

Boydie has made the track downloadable,so fill yer boots before Bin sticks a price on it!  ;D

https://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic/fools-paradise-boydie-mix-master/s-ekroy

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2017, 11:12:16 PM »
I have to hand it to you guys for jumping into this multi collaboration business. I think a multi collaboration is probably the most difficult thing to achieve. 2 Persons, definitely, 3 persons, more difficult, then I think things can be in danger of getting out of control. Great song guys and some great individual performances but for me being honest (and sorry if you do not like my opinion) but it sounds a bit like a "Make it work for the sake of it" song - Sorry ! (Get's back in hole to hide)  :)

Love you all xxxxx

Boydie

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 07:44:06 AM »
it sounds a bit like a "Make it work for the sake of it" song

I couldn't disagree more

I wasn't involved in the Collab itself and didn't even listen to the song until I was preparing for the final mix

I thought the song itself was great and both the writing and performances were really "cohesive" - which is remarkable when you think how many people contributed

I really tried to bring this out in the mix and for me the end section after the bridge really does sound like everyone is in the studio together jamming along (where I really tried to emphasise the original "let's write a party hit" concept

I think everyone involved did an amazing job and despite listening to the song in great detail a gazillion times I think it is a cracker!
To check out my music please visit:

http://soundcloud.com/boydiemusic

Twitter: https://twitter.com/BoydieMusic

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 08:45:21 AM »
I knew the internet would come in handy one day... ;D ;D
heck of of a collab guys :) :) :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Binladeda

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 08:50:30 AM »

Oi PJ....get back out that hole  ;D ;D ;D

It IS a 'Make it work for the sake of it song'  ;D and I love it ;D
 But a 'worthy' comment my friend, and I always value your opinion,
 so you can come out of that hole now ;D

The original inspiration/invitation was Jennas 'Lets write a party hit, group
 collaboration'.  and that's what we did. ;D ;D  Sure, I agree about the 'danger'
 of so many people involved, and this one had it's moments, but I think Skub
 did an amazing job of organising everything, and we have a song to be proud
 of. 

This has been an interesting journey/experience for me, I've learnt a lot.
 1.  Skub has a beautiful voice, and an equally beautiful personality
 2.  Pauls best friend is his piano.....amazing stuff mate
 3.  Boydie is a generous and talented leader..........All Hail (deep bow of reverence and gratitude)
 4.  Lyricists approach songwriting differently from musicians.  (this was the first time I've ever
      been involved with the lyric forum here, so it was all new to me)

Anyway, I just love what we've done here guys.  This is what this place is all about.
 This song is now 'out there' making the world a happier place, and it wouldn't have
 happened without this forum and you lovely people. 

BIG bear hug to you all  xx

Nowt as queer as folk...........my gran

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 09:37:12 AM »
You are all cordially invited to a Pitchfork and Torch party outside the PJ residence at 7pm Saturday.

I agree with him 100% - great song, brilliantly put together by a very talented bunch of lovely people.

It only seemed to me to lack a tiny bit of direction...which was perhaps inevitable from the way it was conceived...and would likely bother some more than others.

An excellent adventure, nonetheless.
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 10:35:47 AM »
You can hear how much FUN you all had doing this - truly joyful and uplifting three and a half minutes. And brilliant performances throughout.

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 03:05:44 PM »
Works well to these ears guys, well done, had my foot a-tapping. The vocal performances make it for me. It could have been in "The Blues Brothers" - I picture it as a good-time set piece in a movie.
It's all too beautiful.

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 06:52:36 PM »
Can I just say that magic happened here? This turned out better than I ever imagined it would. An incredible journey with you all, thanks so much for jumping on board for this unforgettable experience. I agree it lacked direction, and I'll take the blame for that as a newbie on all fronts leading the group. But I do disagree with it being a make it work for the sake of it track. It did feel that way at some points, but in the end doesn't sound like the case at all, and that speaks to the level talent on this board. The professionalism demonstrated by everyone's amazingly adaptive flexibility is what made it work in the end.

I like the suggestion of this one being a good track for a movie or TV program and will submit it for that purpose. I'll let you all know if it gets interest. But before I do, I need the final lyrics to go with the track. Can I download this as an MP3 copy at Soundcloud? I"m only seeing a .wav option, and for a submission I need an .mp3 copy.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 06:57:18 PM by Jenna »

Mikey

• Solo Gig
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 07:55:14 PM »
I like the suggestion of this one being a good track for a movie or TV program and will submit it for that purpose. I'll let you all know if it gets interest. But before I do, I need the final lyrics to go with the track. Can I download this as an MP3 copy at Soundcloud? I"m only seeing a .wav option, and for a submission I need an .mp3 copy.

Hi Jenna, just import the wav into your DAW, and then export it as an mp3 and it will be converted for you.

Mikey

Wolfini

• Solo Gig
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2017, 08:02:15 PM »
Great idea and I am truly impressed how you all pulled this one off. This song has a live feel to me. Somehow it reminds of the band in "from dusk till dawn" ;)

could someone please post the lyrics?

Gets even more bouncy with the second (and third...) listen.

Congrats everyone! Bye Wolfi
Finished albums: wolfgangn.bandcamp.com
Recent songs: soundclick.com/wolfini

Jenna

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2017, 08:04:40 PM »

Hi Jenna, just import the wav into your DAW, and then export it as an mp3 and it will be converted for you.

Mikey

I was wondering if that was possible. Will it be a radio-ready MP3 if I convert it that way?

Wolfini, the lyrics:

Intro x 2

I've gone back to my old habits
Since you put my heart on ice
I'm filling up the hole you left
With some good old friends of mine...

{vs 1}
Well I got this half-baked feeling
And my brain is getting fried
The party's overheating
At the "Fool's Paradise"

Chorus x2?
I'll be dancing through the night
With every spirit I can find
At the Fool's Paradise

Guitar solo

V2
I know this party's gonna end
I'll get abandoned by my friends
We can patch it up, but until then
That old hole needs fillin' again..

Bridge
Johnny Walker - takes a seat
"Party On!" He says to me
From Jimmy Beam - comes a Rebel Yell
So loud it echoes round Heaven Hill
Jackie Daniels takes the stage
He grabs a mic and starts to sing

Chorus
So I'll be dancing through the night
With every spirit I can find
At the Fool's Paradise
At the Fool's Paradise

Oldbutyet

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2017, 09:12:41 PM »
Truly great job done guys and Jenna, good luck with the submission.

Its been really a great fun journey but sorry guys i have a question, i got a bill for the limousine who do i send it to   ;D   ;D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2017, 09:26:54 PM »
Truly great job done guys and Jenna, good luck with the submission.

Its been really a great fun journey but sorry guys i have a question, i got a bill for the limousine who do i send it to   ;D   ;D

Binladeda.

And Pat?

Don't hold yer breath.  :D

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 09:30:57 PM »
Jenna if you have iTunes on your pooter it will convert wav to mp3.