konalavadome

Unconditional Arms

• 20 Replies

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #15 on: August 21, 2017, 07:38:54 PM »
Hi!

A lovely song. Hopeful in a way. The piano could be a bit louder.

Keep up the good work!

Martin

Eline97

• Busker
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2017, 03:30:54 PM »
Thanks so much for listening everyone! I'm really humbled by all of the compliments..

I love the word 'fingersteps' too...a new word (I think?) but captures the idea of someone playing the piano so well.

If I can try to help polish a diamond,I thought  the lyrics in two places could be tweaked slightly because the pronouns are a bit unclear and jar slightly grammatically:

"I relive every minute
Smile every smile in it"
- not sure what the "it" here refers to? If you're talking about the minutes, to my ears it would have to be "in them", but if you want a rhyme then maybe "smile every smile with it" works more smoothly.

Then the chorus -
"Stronger than fear
Warmer than summer
Used to put me to bed
They're sleeping for good"
- not sure what the "they" is. How about "The hands that put me to bed" in line 3 so we know what the 'they' is next line? Could be a nice link to the "arms" that come later.

I hope you don't mind these small suggestions; if you prefer it to be more cryptic then ignore them, but I felt that would help them flow more naturally.

Again, great moving song.

The word fingersteps is indeed a word I made up while writing this song. Glad you liked it :). Wow, I hadn't noticed those flaws in the lyrics. But now that I think about it, the 'in it' refers to every minute separately (although it mostly sounds nice due to the rhyme ;) ) and the 'they' you mentioned refers to the arms. Maybe I'll make that clearer indeed. Thanks!

first time I've heard a bar bones song that did not need to develop as it progressed..this is beautiful from start to finish,
people like to say..it's about the song innit!! but unfortunately it isn't..
some production magic on this could turn this into a radio ready song that would put Taylor swift to shame... 8) 8)

very well done with this lovely song :) :) :)

Thank you so much Kevin!! I doubt I'll ever be able to put her songs to shame.. But thank you for the confidence ;).

Aw...

I listened to this and a tear rolled down my cheek.

It's your Mam? If so, I'm sure she heard it and is very proud of you.

Wow, really..? Thank you for sharing that, this is what music is all about for me... Making people feel the emotion behind the song. It's my dad, actually. He passed away 6 years ago, and it's the first time I've been able to write a song about it that was good enough to share with anyone. I do hope he heard it and that you're right. Thanks!

Cawproductions

• Platinum Album
  • Producer, Engineer & Songwriter
    • AtticVibes Music Library
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2017, 04:32:01 PM »
Hi Eline,

I know one thing about this song, your dad would have been very proud of you and this song...

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2017, 07:01:32 PM »
"The transience of all things does not apply to loss" - a magnificent, relatable, and memorable (and often true) thought.

Really liked everything here. I probably also agree that using "they" for the arms you haven't mentioned yet isn't ideal. But the next time and the next listen this doesn't really matter and I challenge most people to only want to listen once.

Very sad but beautiful and conveys so well what you want to

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: September 02, 2017, 02:09:41 PM »
Hi

Very nice song and a strong performance.
I like the exposed nature of the delivery.

The vocal is excellent - very contemporary sounding.

Digger

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2017, 10:48:02 AM »
This is stunningly beautiful. The words and the vocal are what sold it to me..

"The transience of all things does not apply to loss" - a magnificent, relatable, and memorable (and often true) thought.

and I couldn't agree more with Adam here. Such a brilliant line.

Top work Eline!

All the best
Darren