konalavadome

Ever wake up with a fully formed song in your head?

• 11 Replies

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« on: August 13, 2017, 11:29:23 PM »
Last night I had a dream that I heard a song on the radio that I loved when I was a kid.
I woke up and realized that the song didn't actually exist, so I started writing it...
https://www.facebook.com/toddleiterweintraub/videos/10155574992878431/

Obviously the arrangement and lyrics are not complete here, but I have the arrangement, at least, in my head. Hopefully it'll come out okay.

Any of you have this experience?
Get anything usable out of it?

Now, time will tell if this turns into anything that is actually USABLE. But it's a seed. And, hopefully, I'll make something out of it.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 11:53:29 PM »
Link doesn't work for me. Maybe we have to be "friends" on Facebook for me to see your videos?

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2017, 02:54:12 AM »
Link doesn't work for me. Maybe we have to be "friends" on Facebook for me to see your videos?
Oh yeah. Probably.
At any rate, the question still applies, even if you can't see the vid.

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2017, 03:15:32 AM »
I have had dreams in which I heard, or sang, songs that I knew (or kind of knew) but I've never been able to remember one after I wake up. I like to think my subconscious is full of good music and it will come out where I can hear it eventually--maybe in dreams.

So I don't have a good answer, but I think it could probably work.

Vicki

Oldbutyet

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2017, 10:37:39 AM »
Hey Pop

Dreams and nightmares yes some of what i wrote came from them even got to a stage were i started thinking even having those mind conversations, i jump out of bed a few times while lying on my back  ;D   ;D  but anyway, post your song lyric and forget about your facebook link    :D

Its all a dream man wake up   8)

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »
Hey Pop

Dreams and nightmares yes some of what i wrote came from them even got to a stage were i started thinking even having those mind conversations, i jump out of bed a few times while lying on my back  ;D   ;D  but anyway, post your song lyric and forget about your facebook link    :D

Its all a dream man wake up   8)

No lyrics yet, with the exception of the pre-chorus and the chorus:
I need to lubricate my mind....
It's hyperactive
It's hyperactive
It's hyperactive

(etc.)

No great shakes there, but it's pretty catchy, at least (tune-wise).

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 12:41:44 PM »
I have had dreams in which I heard, or sang, songs that I knew (or kind of knew) but I've never been able to remember one after I wake up.
Usually that's the case with me, too. This is the first time that I have been able to actually remember enough to actually start something, at least.
We'll see if it's usable.

Hopefully there will be something, someday that comes to you like that, that you'll be able to capture once you're conscious.
Even if it sucks (which, again, my song may), it's kinda exhilarating.

deegeorge

• Open Mic
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2017, 04:29:55 PM »
I have never woken up with a full song in my head ,usually a chorus or pre chorus which I record into the phone before going back to sleep .I even merged two ideas from waking up at different times into the one song.

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2017, 04:39:25 PM »
Quite often but by the time I stumble to the studio and get everything switched on it's gone ::) ::)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

PaulAds

• Stadium Tour
  • Haemorrhaging Enthusiasm
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2017, 05:09:22 PM »
About as often as I wake up with a fully formed you-know-what nowadays  :P
heart of stone, feet of clay, knob of butter

Eline97

• Busker
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2017, 03:43:41 PM »
I've never had a fully formed song in my head when I woke up, but I have to say that I sometimes wake up with a catchy tune or a phrase in my head that I have to record or write down right away. Also, when I go to bed, I sometimes have all these tunes forming in my head and then I just can't sleep before I've gotten out of bed and recorded them. Even though the results are pretty good in some cases, it can also be so annoying, haha. But a fully formed song... Nice!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2017, 09:13:33 PM »
About as often as I wake up with a fully formed you-know-what nowadays  :P

TMI.  :D