konalavadome

What guitar that you own do you most enjoy?

• 15 Replies

Hooded Singer

• Open Mic
« on: August 13, 2017, 02:30:07 PM »
?

Darren1664

• Platinum Album
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2017, 02:42:58 PM »
Hey pal

Well I have a Norman acoustic and an Epiphone Les Paul electric. I enjoy both for different reasons and I'm so used to playing them they're like old friends! I love the feeling of knowing a guitar ...I've tried others that just haven't felt right.

To answer your other thread - in the future I hope to upgrade the guitars I have with new pick ups etc...I have already bought a new saddle for my acoustic just need to sand it down a little next time I change strings as it sits a little high. It would be nice to have a pick up on the acoustic also for recording but other than that I have no ambition to buy new guitars. I have an ibanez I need to get back into action but don't have the room currently to have them all out so that ones up the loft. That's about it :)

Thanks

Darren

Buc McMaster

• Open Mic
  • Old School.
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2017, 03:50:01 PM »
Either one of these J-45 Gibsons.......a 14 fret and a 12 fret.

Neil C

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2017, 07:14:29 PM »
For some reason I have found 23 guitars loitering in my studio. Some are going to go but at the moment the got to is a Sigma 12 string. £100 on eBay inc hard case. Stays in tune and jangles what more could I want.?
Well possibly a guild 512, but got to sell some gear first. :-(
Neil
songwriter of no repute..

Martinswede

• Platinum Album
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2017, 08:31:53 PM »
I got a pretty decent Yamaha dreadnought but I prefer to play the piano.

PopTodd

• Platinum Album
    • Hop On Pop on Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 08:52:06 PM »
Depends what I'm using it for. I love all my guitars, and enjoy them all.
Which do I pick up the most often? My acoustic, because it is the most-convenient, as I don't have to plug it in or anything; just pick it up and go.
But, I do love playing loud every now and then. So I love my electrics, too. My Strat is better for nastier solos, my Tele is better for the twangy stuff.
And, my (acoustic) resonator is great for some of the more-fingerpick-y stuff.

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2017, 10:02:45 PM »
I don't have a close relationship with any guitar at the moment. My 'main' guitar that I played and gigged for 20 years finally lost its oomph. I even took it for a fret dress and setup which helped the playability, but it still doesn't have the tone I loved. And now because it's changed it doesn't 'feel' like my guitar any more. I quite enjoy playing my spare guitar which is just a cheapish solid top acoustic (about £250). I forget who makes it.

Maybe it's just me and guitars at the moment but like Martinswede even if I had a posh guitar, I'd probably let it sit there because I prefer to play the piano these days.

My local auction house is selling a baby grand piano this week with no reserve price. There are no local piano businesses and they're notoriously hard to sell. I really need a reason NOT to buy that thing!
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2017, 10:15:54 PM »
I don't have a close relationship with any guitar at the moment. My 'main' guitar that I played and gigged for 20 years finally lost its oomph. I even took it for a fret dress and setup which helped the playability, but it still doesn't have the tone I loved. And now because it's changed it doesn't 'feel' like my guitar any more. I quite enjoy playing my spare guitar which is just a cheapish solid top acoustic (about £250). I forget who makes it.

Maybe it's just me and guitars at the moment but like Martinswede even if I had a posh guitar, I'd probably let it sit there because I prefer to play the piano these days.

My local auction house is selling a baby grand piano this week with no reserve price. There are no local piano businesses and they're notoriously hard to sell. I really need a reason NOT to buy that thing!

So get it done already Tone. Long time dead and all that schitt.  8)

tone

• Administrator
  • Stadium Tour
  • Forum Former Führer
  • The People's Democratic Republic of Songwriting
    • Anthony Lane on soundcloud
« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 01:24:06 PM »
Haha thanks skub. I have two problems. Actually it's only one. My wife will be extremely annoyed. The furniture that's currently in the way means nothing to me, however :D
New EP: Straitjacket - Listen here

1st track from my upcoming album -- Click to listen -- Thanks!

Please read the rules before posting in the feedback forums http://bit.l

delb0y

• Platinum Album
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2017, 04:16:26 PM »
My Tanglewoods. I have a lovely Stonebridge, a great Martin, and a fine gypsy jazzer, but the two Tanglewoods are my cheapest guitars and they're the ones I go to.

I have some electrics, too, including my beaten up old 79 Strat, but I rarely play electrics.
West Country Country Boy

boolio

• Solo Gig
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2017, 09:56:25 PM »
I've had a few but my Yamaha LL6 is without doubt the best, I still cannot 'make it talk' but it talks to me!
https://soundcloud.com/user-938884922

Quavers, Crotchets, Doritos. What's the difference?

Bill Saunders

• Platinum Album
    • https://soundcloud.com/bill-saunders
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2017, 11:54:49 AM »
In about 1983, I had to sell my Gibson Flying V2 in order to survive financially. These V2s are rare beasts as they were only made for about three years - I bought mine new from a local music store in Surrey around 1980.

They hardly ever come up for sale, but I recently took the plunge and purchased a 37 year old V2. Needless to say I paid many times over what I sold the old one for all those years ago, but I just had to have it.  It is impractical (can't play it on your knees without a strap), it's quirky, single coiled and pretty low output. But I tell you, when I got my new beauty in my hands, my fingers started dancing...well, that's an exaggeration, but I honestly remembered that feeling from 30+ years ago. Emotional clap trap? Probably, but for me there is real joy in ownership. Here's the recent addition:

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 01:45:08 PM »
In about 1983, I had to sell my Gibson Flying V2 in order to survive financially. These V2s are rare beasts as they were only made for about three years - I bought mine new from a local music store in Surrey around 1980.

They hardly ever come up for sale, but I recently took the plunge and purchased a 37 year old V2. Needless to say I paid many times over what I sold the old one for all those years ago, but I just had to have it.  It is impractical (can't play it on your knees without a strap), it's quirky, single coiled and pretty low output. But I tell you, when I got my new beauty in my hands, my fingers started dancing...well, that's an exaggeration, but I honestly remembered that feeling from 30+ years ago. Emotional clap trap? Probably, but for me there is real joy in ownership. Here's the recent addition:

Absolutely stunning Bill.  8)

I've long yearned after a flying V,two of my favourite players,Andy Powell of Wishbone Ash and Michael Schenker are well known users. I dunno why I never owned one and perhaps now I feel I'm too old and not flash enough to go down that road!  :D

Anyway,health to enjoy Bill.  :)

The S

• Solo Gig
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2017, 09:18:42 AM »

I just have to agree, what a beauty. This is the first time in my life I've looked at a flying V and felt that way! Damn it, I can't afford looking at beautiful guitars like this...I just can't!  ;D ;D ;D