Sheet music for a tattoo-please help

• 19 Replies

Millerblade

• Busker
« on: August 10, 2017, 12:32:08 PM »
Hello,

My name is Danielle.

I appreciate Im not a song writer and this is not a forum for me specifically but Ive googled places to ask my question and got nowhere and the answer needs to be accurate. So I thought I would ask people who can actually write and read sheet music.

I have sadly had numerous miscarriages and want a tattoo for my babies. What I want is the notes to a song. So if someone saw the tattoo they could play the line from the song on a guitar (as an example) or sing it and it would sound accurate! I hope that makes sense.

The sheet music for this song is on the internet however it varies slightly and I dont know which bit I need, especially the note for the last word. (I dont understand sheet music)

Its "Never to part, baby of mine" from the dumbo disnèy song

Can you please please help.

Danielle xx
« Last Edit: August 10, 2017, 12:33:56 PM by Millerblade »

Millerblade

• Busker
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 01:39:13 PM »
Anyone?????

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
  • Strumming on the couch in pigtails
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:21:05 PM »
Send me a PM with the links. I'll see what I can figure out for you.

Millerblade

• Busker
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2017, 03:04:10 PM »

What links? Thank you

Millerblade

• Busker
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2017, 03:12:55 PM »
Is piano sheet music written on lines and guitar just a list of letters and numbers?

Millerblade

• Busker
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2017, 03:14:32 PM »

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2017, 03:42:01 PM »

What links? Thank you
You said you found the sheet music on the internet. I thought maybe you would have links to where you found it. ?

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2017, 03:46:27 PM »
Is piano sheet music written on lines and guitar just a list of letters and numbers?
Piano sheet music is written on lines, yes. Guitar music can be written a variety of ways--lines (similar to piano), another version of lines called "tabs", or just chord names (letters and numbers).

You won't want just the chord names; that would not show anyone the melody of the song. It sounds like you want something that shows the melody.

Piano music will most likely have more information than you want. I think you want only the melody line for just the words "Never to part, baby of mine", right?

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock

Millerblade

• Busker
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 04:39:18 PM »
Piano sheet music is written on lines, yes. Guitar music can be written a variety of ways--lines (similar to piano), another version of lines called "tabs", or just chord names (letters and numbers).

Yes just 'never to part baby of mine'.

X

You won't want just the chord names; that would not show anyone the melody of the song. It sounds like you want something that shows the melody.

Piano music will most likely have more information than you want. I think you want only the melody line for just the words "Never to part, baby of mine", right?

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2017, 05:11:38 PM »
Yes just 'never to part baby of mine'.

X
Okay, the dropbox link I posted (here it is again: https://www.dropbox.com/s/kfutcrx9td4ln4b/snip.JPG?dl=0) should take you to a copy of the bit you want.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 05:13:41 PM by CaliaMoko »

Millerblade

• Busker
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2017, 06:03:50 PM »
Hi.

On the one I see there is no 44 at the beginning and there is a note at the end.

Never to part, baby of mine https://imgur.com/gallery/Y0S0i

Its confusing for me hehe

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2017, 07:58:03 PM »
Hi.

On the one I see there is no 44 at the beginning and there is a note at the end.

;D I understand the confusion. There's no 4/4 on the image you provided, because the image is from the ending of the song, and the 4/4 (time signature) would have been at the beginning of the music. I included the 4/4 because I didn't clip the excerpt from the full song. I made the fragment myself and included the time signature for clarity. For your purposes it can be done with or without the 4/4--your choice. Someone who reads music would understand it either way.

The note at the very end has nothing to do with the melody for the words, so I don't recommend including it.

Millerblade

• Busker
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2017, 08:06:12 PM »
Hi.

;D I understand the confusion. There's no 4/4 on the image you provided, because the image is from the ending of the song, and the 4/4 (time signature) would have been at the beginning of the music. I included the 4/4 because I didn't clip the excerpt from the full song. I made the fragment myself and included the time signature for clarity. For your purposes it can be done with or without the 4/4--your choice. Someone who reads music would understand it either way.

The note at the very end has nothing to do with the melody for the words, so I don't recommend including it.

So does this make sense hun? Music https://imgur.com/a/gbmt4

CaliaMoko

• Stadium Tour
    • Late Bloomers Rock
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2017, 08:31:39 PM »
Hi.

So does this make sense hun? Music https://imgur.com/a/gbmt4
It's close.

1. You need the triplet markings over the quarter notes--the horizontal, sort of brackets, with the 3 in the middle. There are two of them.
2. For a tattoo, you could probably drop that last note that's "tied" to the one before it. It's more accurate the way you have it, but you could get away with the way I did it.
3. You didn't include the bar lines (the vertical lines between some of the notes). Again, for the purposes of a tattoo, you could probably get away without them, but it's more accurate with them.
4. You have a brace ({) at the beginning of your staff. Braces are for linking two staves together, so you don't typically see a brace on a single staff like that.

If you want, I can make you one more like yours, with no bar lines and no 4/4 time signature and with the extra note at the end. ?? Even the brace, if you really want it.