The Shape of You

• 25 Replies

Mverboekend

• Busker
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2017, 03:58:26 PM »
Hi Paul,

Very surprising song! It's weird but absolutely great :) The dynamic contrast is fun, although this does make it a bit less fluent as one song. Love the clever lyrics as well.

Thanks for brightening up my day :)

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2017, 01:58:30 AM »

@Neil C - thanks Neil - yeah the synth is a like/hate kinda thing. Guitar comment means a lot coming from you - cheers  ;D

@exfairy - cheers - very kind of you  ;D

@Darren1664 - thanks Darren - think you're right about sth out of time - maybe it's my new bongos - I'll check that  ;D ;D

@digger72 - thanks digger - I expect not too many ppl listen to this type of thing on a regular basis (I don't :) ) Appreicate that you found it fun though  ;D

@Mverboekend - thanks for that - weird fun is what I'm all about at times  ;D

Thanks all for listening and commenting  ;D ;D

jamesh

• Open Mic
« Reply #17 on: September 07, 2017, 09:51:19 PM »
Hi Paul

Love the piano intro and the melody. I was expecting the song to continue in that vein, but then the drums unexpectedly came in. Im not sure Im a fan of the drums/bass combo, but I it certainly added some light/shade and some fun.

I dont think Ive ever heard anyone refer to geometric shapes, but lyrics are inspired and the idea totally works. As previously commented, its a show tune, and a really good one!

James

Summerblue

• Busker
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2017, 11:35:48 AM »
Clever, funny, somewhat intelligent.
Just please totally drop that b******t over-produced, under-produced drum backing. It's terrible. I get the idea of 'contrast', but not like this. Use a groove, or better still, don't, use a real drummer, but even that isn't necessary. A tambourine, even a simple loop from Stylus RMX or something, would be ten times better.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 11:53:39 AM by Summerblue »

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2017, 05:01:01 PM »
Sorry for the late bump

@jamesh - never set out to write show-tunes but I'm glad they fit some genre!  ;D Thanks for the kind remarks.

@Summerblue - Thanks for commenting. Am I to understand you don't like the drums?  ;D ;D

adamfarr

• Stadium Tour
    • SongEspresso
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2017, 06:02:50 PM »
Just to let you know I've listened (quite a few times now!) Such a fun, generation-crossing track. Love what you did here!

Oldbutyet

« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2017, 07:56:49 PM »
Yeah another great musical number Paul thats for sure, find yourself a musical society group and make it happen, you got all the songs waiting in line to be heard and send us a few free tickets okay mate.

Oh and some airlines tickets as well and a ticket for a very large cargo, you're going to need a limousine   ;D   ;D

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #22 on: September 13, 2017, 08:43:52 PM »
Adam and Pat - thanks so much for the kind remarks.
Yeah Pat we're gonna need some cold Coors in the limo too  ;D ;D

redrhodie

• Platinum Album
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2017, 05:12:09 PM »
Now that is ready for Broadway! Very theatrical. It's like Cole Porter goes to the disco. Very fun.

Morefrog Jones

• Platinum Album
« Reply #24 on: September 17, 2017, 11:46:30 AM »
Broadway meets Sesame Street.
Theatrical and clever.
Way out of my taste range but you cannot fail to spot the musical ability involved in its creation.

Paulski

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2017, 07:15:32 PM »
redrhodie and morefrog

Thanks guys - very kind of you - see ya on broadway  ;D ;D