konalavadome

Sense ,my first music video

• 9 Replies

deegeorge

• Open Mic
« on: August 03, 2017, 12:02:28 PM »
Here is the video for Sense.The first words I wrote for this song were “So near yet so far I am from you”. This song is my interpretation of the increasing Sense of detachment in the modern world .As the great Charlie Chaplin said in his famous Great Dictator speech, “We have developed speed, but we have shut ourselves in” and in the almost 80 years that have passed since this speech it seems the march in technology has further increased the detachment of human kind. This was a video I really enjoyed working on and I’m sure people can relate to some things included, people passing you without saying a word for instance. The end segment really made me chuckle, the vibe of two friends meeting after a long time, a little older but still the childlike heart deep down without a care in the world and living in the moment.All feedback welcomed
&t=2s

giitlesriddles

• Open Mic
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2017, 04:08:05 PM »
Hello, I write as I listen.
Nice drum beat. Very funky. The piano and synth was not where I was expecting that to go. I was thinking 80s type rap now this is reminding me of U2. I like the words and the feel. It's very open and big feeling. I like the synth melodies that come in verse 2 as well as background singing. Very good job building up the feel. The chorus is good. This instrumental break I feel like could do more. Bring more melody out. Perhaps switch up the chord progression a bit as this progression is a very common one. It's a good song. It's not very risky but it serves its purpose. Good singing throughout. Good work.
Nathan

deegeorge

• Open Mic
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2017, 12:53:29 PM »
Thanks for taking the time to give this detailed reply Nathan

hardtwistmusic

• Stadium Tour
  • Central Oregon Sunset
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 08:13:47 PM »
Note 1.  For us older, sortadeaf guys it's a good idea to provide a lyric sheet.  Helps us to "hear" the lyric. 

Note 2.  What a gorgeous song.  Well sung, well played.  I'm no expert, but I certainly couldn't hear anything I didn't like. 

Note 3.  LOVED that stressed wood table that the guy in the video lays the photo album on.  That was as pretty as the song.
www.reverbnation.com/hardtwistmusicsongwriter

Verlon Gates  -  60 plus years old.

deegeorge

• Open Mic
« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2017, 04:40:12 PM »
Many thanks for the feedback Verlon. I don't think that table is very old but I will find out for you. I never thought of posting the lyrics so thanks for the advice.Here they are

dg

So near yet so far I am from you
We are two different worlds in the same room
Time has pulled our love out by the roots
Now the only time we talk is on facebook

We’ve gotta make sense of the growing distance between us

In this world we have so much got so many tools
We never have enough can be so cruel
The truth is a stranger, hate spreads bad news
We’ve forgotten who we are what makes life good

PaulyX

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2017, 05:46:32 PM »
Hey Deegeorge, this one had an 80s synth feel to me... reminded me a bit of "It's a Wonderful Life" by Black - I think that's because of the measured tempo of it, and the way you keep your delivery very much on an even keel (you have a good voice and you under-sing in a non-emotive way, like Neil Tennant etc... maybe that's another 80s synth duo trait?).  So to my ears it's got that kind of mellow relaxed electronic vibe, and the production sounds good - it's a smooth mix.  I reckon it could do with a couple more earworms or hooks though, since the chorus chords and atmosphere are quite similar to the verse; I enjoyed it, but after 2 listens I don't find it lodged in my subconscious, if you know what i mean.  It could be something as simple as a different (higher pitched?) vocal melody in the chorus?
It's all too beautiful.

deegeorge

• Open Mic
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2017, 12:52:41 PM »
Thanks for the feedback Pauly.Think the 80s synth sound is merely the midi programs I have available to me .Had though of putting some acoustic in but in the end I left it out.There are high pitched vocal in the chorus maybe it ended up a bit too low in the mix

shadowfax

• Stadium Tour
  • Singer songwriter
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2017, 03:15:59 PM »
Hi,was a bit worried when I heard a very overused chord prog at the start but thankfully you made something of it.....
some nice additions in the second verse but I think the chorus was not different enough to actually work as a chorus, I was guilty of this myself in one of my recent songs Fire within..never noticed it myself till it was pointed out!! ???
nice instrumental bit towards the end, I never watch vids with music because I reckon the music should stand on it's own...so cannot comment on the vid...

the effect you asked me about on my song Surreal World is just reverb and delay that has been EQ'd till the pips squeak and mixed with a copy of said reverb and delay that was reversed..just got lucky with it I s'pose ;D ;D

best mate, Kevin :)
Soundcloud Shadowfax6

from the nightmare!

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2017, 04:21:27 PM »
Yo deegeorge.

There is a lovely melancholic feel to the music,which of course matches the lyrics very aptly.

I'm probably not the person to comment much on the video,as I prefer just to listen. These days I have trouble sitting all the way through a film without losing interest!  :D However,it did seem to gel very well with the music.

deegeorge

• Open Mic
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2017, 10:05:39 PM »
Thanks Skub.I just got word it recieved Highly Commended in the Uk Songwriting Contest so i'm happy enough with that.