konalavadome

Just Call Me Friend - First song I ever really finish :)

• 22 Replies

Gill

• Open Mic
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2017, 10:52:17 PM »
I love the voice and the song is nice, a great listen ;)

Jamie

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2017, 02:48:36 PM »
Hi, I agree with all the comments about timing,tuning, playing, polish etc, but on the plus side this is a very good first attempt at a song and you have a great voice. Lots of potential imho!
Good stuff! Stick around you'll learn a lot listening to some of the guys around here!
Nice one!
Cheers

pompeyjazz

• Stadium Tour
  • pompeyjazz
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2017, 06:08:25 PM »
Hi Eline,

This is excellent considering it's your first song. I love your voice and the harmonies have been well thought out. It's a sweet melody. Sure, some of the guitar might need sorting out but that doesn't detract from what is a very good song.

Excellent, well done and looking forward to your next one  :)

digger72

• Stadium Tour
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 12:29:20 PM »
Hi

Nice melody and vocal performance.
Interesting playing keeps the song light and  "bouncy." It makes me think of a fully produced song which has been stripped down for an unplugged version. Cool vibe.
Sounds modern - if not necessarily my cuppa.

Nice one.

Digger

Eline97

• Busker
« Reply #19 on: August 15, 2017, 06:27:59 PM »
Thank you all so much for listening! I've been busy recently writing songs, so I'll upload a new one tomorrow :))). By the way, this wasn't the first song I ever wrote, just the first song I finish in terms of recording etc. I think it was the 10th song I ever wrote.

You have a very nice voice that would work perfectly with just guitar behind. You remind of Taylor Swift - if you listen to her playing the acoustic, as her album tracks are obviously ramped up with production. The lyrics are lovely and suit this style of song. I think you have a LOT of potential and if you practice your performance enough and iron out the kinks you could start doing open mics to build confidence? I think you have the voice and talent for it.

Although your first certainly not your last I'm sure. Keep them coming

Darren

Wow, Darren, thank you SO much! Reminding of Taylor Swift, wow... I think that's the best compliment I've ever gotten on my music. I never thought about doing an open mic - never thought my songs would be good enough for that - but maybe I could just try doing one! By the way, if you say I remind of Taylor Swift, what genre would you say this song is?

I wish I could progress my guitar skills faster, since that would majorly improve my production, as everyone is commenting on - I totally agree, by the way -, but I guess there's only so much progress you can make in a year's time, even if you play for an hour a day.

Skub

• Stadium Tour
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2017, 10:13:34 AM »
Hi Eline97.

You have a lovely voice and you use it quite confidently,which means a lot when you are trying to connect with listeners.
The song itself is solid,varied and interesting.

As others have mentioned,sorting timing issues and perhaps a better recording would work wonders.  :)

The one

• Busker
« Reply #21 on: January 09, 2018, 12:21:36 AM »
Hi. Nice to hear a love song. I liked it but a little too repetitive I thought.

cowparsleyman

• Stadium Tour
  • What would you rather be or a wasp?
« Reply #22 on: January 09, 2018, 08:26:08 AM »
Hi Eline

Lovely voice, I love the delivery, the guitar playing is really cool, stark, bare, open vulnerable.

I agree with someone else that it's a bit long.

I would love you to sing on my stuff...let me know if you're interested.

Regards

CPM